Thread: General question

General question

First off,hello to the community,and forgive me if this question is a bit too noob.

Alright, I have some source code written in c++. it is a .dll that hooks into a video game as an enhancement.

Now,what i want to do is compile it.

The source came in a .rar file containing many different .txt files.

How do i compile this into a workable .dll?

What program do i use to compile it? (i need to compile C++,Is there a free program to use besides microsoft)

What i`m looking for is a little direction here to get me started. I realize there is a search feature here and that google is a wonderful tool, but to be honest i haven`t the faintest idea what to even search for.

I am interested in learning c, but i just want to play aroound with this project first. To sort of get my feet wet.

Thanks in advance.

Peace

Re: General question

First off,hello to the community,and forgive me if this question is a bit too noob. Alright, I have some source code written in c++. it is a .dll that hooks into a video game as an enhancement. Now,what i want to do is compile it. The source came in a .rar file containing many different .txt files.
    If they are all *.txt instead of *.cpp, headers, & (ect) the just zip it up agian and attach it. It'll only save time in a thread like this.
    What program do i use to compile it? (i need to compile C++,Is there a free program to use besides microsoft).
    You mean a "compiler"? What? What? Huh? DurrrR Duh DOH! Microsoft? What about 'em?
    What i`m looking for is a little direction here to get me started. I realize there is a search feature here and that google is a wonderful tool, but to be honest i haven`t the faintest idea what to even search for.
    Print hello world onto your screen and check out variable types, string manipulation, arguments, file I/O, learn about winsock and other various API... the bread and butter of it all has just been mentioned.