Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FreeiPods.com: What's The Deal Here?

FreeiPods.com: What's The Deal Here?

Greeting's AntiOnline. I was curious as to whether or not to post this in either this forum or wireless security, but whatever.. Anyways, lately on almost EVERY message board I visit I see someone with a link in their signature to some FreeiPod.com website which is like a referal thing. So I got curious and checked it out and supposedly, it's NOT a scam or a hoax according to MANY people. Basically everyone has gotten their free iPod after referring so and so to the site or whatever.

My thing with it is I'm trying to figure out the WHOLE deal with it, what's it about, how do you go about it, is it even real, etc. Anybody have information on this?
    Space For Rent.. =]

Haha, I've tried it before, but you only get the ipod if you participate in things suchs as BMG and other things such as that. Im not quite too sure if you really got the ipod or not because I only filled out the information needed then when it came to the 3rd step of the sign up process the thing came up about participating in other things for you to be able to recive the ipod so I never tried it. Although I think that you probably will get the ipod....

-S3nate

Yeah, because according to virtually everyone on their message board as well as everyone else I've talked to, you actually DO get the iPods. If the other small stuff is like signing up at some other site as well then **** I'll do it for an iPod. Thanks for the information, anyone else with some added info?
    Space For Rent.. =]

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Some articles on it along with video:

http://people.bu.edu/jbrock/ipod_analysis.htm
    http://axi0n.home.comcast.net/fipnbc.wmv
    http://www.wired.com/news/mac/0,2125,64614,00.html

Oh.. and these things tend to be a US only deal. I remember when they gave away free computers.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

yeah have spoken to one person who got her ipod through that - but she says that you do have to answer some survey - refer a certian numbr of people and sign up to some 3rd party deal - but according to her if you sign up with the 3rd party and then cancel befoire your trial period is up you still get your ipod

v_Ln

Blast From the Past
    how old do u have to be to sign up for this?..id love to get a free ipod but im only 15
    work it harder, make it better, do it faster, makes us stronger

only two words here : PYRAMIDE GAME
    Since the beginning of time, Man has searched for the answers to the big questions: \'How did we get here?\' \'Is there life after death?\' \'Are we alone?\' But today, in this very theatre, you will be asked to answer the biggest question of them all...WHO LIVES IN A PINEAPPLE UNDER THE SEA?

only two words here : PYRAMIDE GAME
    not really - completly different kinda scheme than a pyramid as you aint paying anything out. All your giving up is time to fill in their survey and look at their ads (as well as getting others to do the same)

ok you could end up paying for one of the 3rd party services that you must sign up for but if you cancel before end of trial you dont....but they make their money of those people who actually want to continue using whichever service they sign up for after trial - or those people who simply forget to cancel........like those free AOL hrs cd thingies

v_Ln

val: Not true, you need to basically pay before you can try to cancel. As you signup (I checked for all of them, believe me) you give them your credit/payment information.
    Space For Rent.. =]

am sure that girl said there was one where although yes you did have to give over payment details you got like a free trial before they started charging - so if you cancelled durring trial they didn't charge you - but if you forgot to cancel they charged you automatically (which is what they're hoping for)

v_Ln