Thread: Yahoo games

Banned

Yahoo games

hi people
    i was trying to play a game "Pool" thru yahoo messenger by inviting my friend while the game loaded perfectly on his pc it showed an error on my side the error statement was

" error in line41! do you wish to debug?"

as most users i also chose no!
    and tried to load it again but the same thing happened!

so i tried re-installing it but the same thing happened again!

so tell me what can i do?

Keeping The Balance CybertecOne's Avatar
    there is a problem in the games code... on line 41. if you choose to debug it you can edit the code so it will run., but you need to know what the problem is...

it sounds like you are missing a vital file. try downloading the game again... or installing/updating yahoo messenger. sorry i dont use it so im unsure.

let us know

CTO

[edit] also, try getting your friend to invite YOU instead of the otherway around.... might seem pointless but believe me its happened like this and worked many-a-time with other network programs. [/edit]
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    - Albert Einstein

Banned
    well i have tried all the things above
    reinstalling, updating, getting my friend invite me
    and they didnt worked

ok i would like to debug that but i dont know thw problem thats the thing!!!

so plz help me!!!

hey is it somewhat related to the Java Vitual Machine?

Keeping The Balance CybertecOne's Avatar
    Depends if its a java game. however, reinstalling your java from sun wont hurt your system and its worth a shot.

Sorry i cant help more but alot of games played via messenger clients are a little buggy, and whenever ive come across ones i cant figure out i usually dont bother because i hardly play them. find a site like zone.com and play there....

Anyone else have any suggesions?
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    - Albert Einstein

rebmeM roineS enilnOitnA steve.milner's Avatar
    Originally posted here by CybertecOne
    Anyone else have any suggesions?
    I would suggest that unless the issues in this thread http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=263518 can be resolved it is pointless trying to find out what the problem is here.

Steve
    IT, e-commerce, Retail, Programme & Project Management, EPoS, Supply Chain and Logistic Services. Yorkshire. http://www.bigi.uk.com

AntiOnline n00b
    Hi,

There are two ways of plaing the game on yahoo........either going to www.games.yahoo.com or through the Yahoo IM window Window itself ( this feature is only in Yahoo Messenger 6 beta and above)..................so which way are you trying to access the game.

" error in line41! do you wish to debug?"
    this is a script error.............but whole game thing runs on applet so it should have nothing to do with this.........or maybe ?

so i tried re-installing it but the same thing happened again!
    You mean Closed the Brower and restarted again ........as far as i know the game is not installed it's a applet

heres a few things i would suggest :

1. Check if you have the latest verson of Yahoo messenger.

2. Download the latest verson of Java Virtual Machine...........the whole thing runs on java so try Sun java Run Time Environment..........download the Latest Java Run Time Environment http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/download.html .......see if it helps

3. Try doing it with Firefox ...........open the site in Firefox ............... and see it the same thing happens there too.

--Good Luck--

Banned
    the java thing(java virtual machine) didnt worked guys!!
    moreover my yahoo has started mal-fuctioning now!!!