IE slow....help?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IE slow....help?

IE slow....help?

I have a fresh install of windows xp pro sp1. Inernet exploere is very slow when scrolling almost like lag or hesitation...any ideas? its 6.0
    Romans 7:14-20
    14 We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. 15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18 I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out.

"Never give in-never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy!" - Winston Churchill

I would start by clearing the cache, history, recent pages and all that. Then boot into safe mode and defragment.

Let me know how that works

Banned
    I have a fresh install of windows xp pro sp1. Inernet exploere is very slow when scrolling almost like lag or hesitation...any ideas? its 6.0
    well he does say it is a clean install so i don see where he can have the cache, history, recent pages.

how are you connectd to the net , i meant cable , modem FSO , may be that can help.

Not only is the type of connection/modem use important but what processes are being ran during your use of IE? What applications do you have running and are all your resources being drained by something? I'm not entirely sure what the problem is, although my recommendation would be to follow RougeSpy's advice.
    Space For Rent.. =]

It is slow scrolling? Could it be that WinXP has installed Video drivers that perhaps aren't the best for you? Try going to the manufacturer or your video cards website and downloading the most recent drivers for your video card

Banned
    well i don;t see how a video card is related with interner browsing . no really i mean i never seen any thing like this post, i am kinda curious too. could you plz clear things up plz

I just figured if it is a jerky image or if the browser is jerky it could be because the video card is having a hard time displaying the image It could be worth a look anyway

Did someone said Pizza :) FanacooL's Avatar

Re: IE slow....help?

Originally posted here by Jason1977
    Better check the option that you enable during installation i mean the programs, n may be the copy of the XP u install has somesort of spyware or other hidden program which is eating ur memory. By the way whats the speed of ur RAM.? Were u using XP before or not on the same system? N also as fyrewall, try upgrading your Video driver if u haven't done that.

Check the services that are running in the background and also u can monitor the CPU utilization there, Bring the task manager click the CPU manager tab, there u will c the memory utilization c how much is being consumed and also note the peak value. Hope this works.
    One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man!

well he does say it is a clean install so i don see where he can have the cache, history, recent pages.
    If he knows that IE is slow then he has connected to the internet so he will have these things. As you can see from the replies there are a number of possibilities, so it is always best to start with a "clean sheet" so to speak. Also he said "fresh" NOT "clean"

What are the physical specifications of the machine? it might be a resource issue. I would follow the advice to try another browser. That will indicate whether it is an IE issue, or a more general systems problem.

Also, what sort of pages are slow?.......java, pdf files? or just everything.

Does the system run OK apart from IE?

Why is it a "fresh install"...........were you having problems before?

What AV and firewall are you running?