Anyone know this virus?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know this virus?

Anyone know this virus?

I ran Norton Anti-Virus last week on my computer and i found a virus called DavidSneddon.
    Does anyone know what this virus does?

I think you are bullshitting...

Seriously Fyrewall it's true. Luckily I decided to run Norton Anti Virus. Maybe you should run Norton Anti Virus as well.

Well I searched for it on google and all I found was a website on David Sneddon the singer in the UK. I also checked the Norton website and they know nothing of this !!??!

I guess that's why I'm trying to find out, because I don't know what it is. Maybe it's a really old virus or it could be not be a virus at all and Norton just picked out thinking it was a virus. I'm glad your here to help me out Fyrewall.

I'll be awaiting your reply to see what else you found out on this enigma.

Well you could perhaps have a virus embedded in a file called DavidSneddon.* or something. I guess you better wait to talk to more of an expert

You could be right Fyrewall. Anyway I did a search on Davidsneddon.* and I didn't find any such file, but thanks for your help. I might wait a week and see if anything comes up on this virus or whatever it is.

Errrrrrrrrrrr................Gentlemen?

Can you either turn it into a .txt file or zip it and PM it to me?

Remember that people get hold of some source and mod it so that it works again...........they may "name" the thing after their girlfriend, pet cat or whatever?

And we all know how consistent the AV boys are in their naming conventions?

Please let us have a look if you still have a version.

Usual disclaimers apply............If I screw one of my boxes up it will be entirely my own fault........that's why I have several of them

Cheers

If you can't provide the virus, I'd at least like to see the log.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

To nihil:

Sorry mate I can't send you the virus because I deleted it already. I sorta get freaked out when I get a virus in my computer and I just delete it.

To: phishphreek80

I'll give you the log as soon as I can. I'm at work at the moment so if my wife is not on the computer at home I'll send you the log.