an election question
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: an election question

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar

an election question

hey, can anyone tell me why every states voting process is different? I early voted here in Texas and we just used a sharpie marker to fill in who you wanted to vote for but apparently that isnt the case everywhere. wouldnt it just be easier if the whole country had one standard? and also if john kerry does get elected president ( this is where i would add my political views but i wont!) how will he passed all these "changes" he is talking about in a Republican dominated Congress. thanx bye.
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

Keeping The Balance CybertecOne's Avatar
    I dont know... but would it have something to do with each state counting its own votes... therefore they have the choice on the how for ease???
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    - Albert Einstein

The whole system is outdated :/
    The founding fathers felt that the masses couldn't really handle electing a president so they created a system for each state to vote, the number of electoral votes that each state gets depends on the number of senate and house reps that the state has, because of this "weaker" states would be at more of a disadvantage creating a split vote based on the popular vote of the state so i doubt that the system will be changing anytime soon
    A mind full of questions has no room for answers

Keeping The Balance CybertecOne's Avatar
    Sorry i couldnt pull up anymore info than this, but it does seem to be that each state is independant in their voting.

http://www.secstate.wa.gov/elections/votingsystems.aspx
    http://www.elections.state.md.us/cit...g_systems.html

CTO
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    - Albert Einstein

er0k
    every candidate promises ****, most of it doesn't happen, don't worry about it.

Each system is different because of a number of reasons, but for the most part it's simply a matter of technology and obtaining the different means. Other state's prefer certain means because they might find it more accurate.
    Space For Rent.. =]

Banned
    well i am from india and i do see this kina intresting ,what exactly is the electoral college.last time i remember you guys had a very close clash btw algore and gwbush( seriously i din expect al gore to loose) but like hoe long does it take for the results to be out .?
    any ways i sure hope you din vote for bush.

4 years ago it took a shitload of lies, bullshitting, and a LONG wait to find out the outcome. This year doesn't appear to be the same although talk of lawsuits and courts and a whole orah of bullshit is being talked about.

Just a quick question (and I don't wanna sound mean or rude) but what difference would it make to you (being you live in India) who was elected? I mean, no offense or anything.. but currently no foreign policy other than typical trading is going on concerning India. Just my thought's, sorry if I came across as rude.
    Space For Rent.. =]

Banned
    We are all going to die, the world is going to hell.

Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnit Why can't they just make it so that there are Three Presidents, whoever takes the top three votes.

The world is truly going to hell I'm afraid On top of it all, we are going to end up continously following this "axis of evil" bullshit path and end up in North Korea in a year or two. I wonder how that'll go with the American people once a country who can actually bring it to us serves us. Poor easily fooled americans.
    Space For Rent.. =]