Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bush Wins!!!!

Bush Wins!!!!

BUSH WINS!!!!.......... Florida, sorry, I had to blow my load early.

What do I think? Well, I think John Kerry should take his tax-hiking, government-expanding, latte-drinking, sushi-eating, Volvo-driving, New York Times-reading,body piercing, Hollywood-loving, left-wing freak show back to Massachusetts where it belongs.

My version of this AD

Isn't it more of a prediction he will win? They are still counting aren't they?

Yeah, they are and technically it's up to Ohio but sadly (and I HATE to admit this) it looks as if the texan satan will win the election.
    Space For Rent.. =]

What the election as a whole? It's nowhere near over! I'm thinking weeks from now after all the legal stuff. The "sour pusses" and whatnot have to weigh in you know?

So what exactly happens .. Bush will get the most votes above the 270 needed or whatever then what? Kerry will take him to court saying it is a miscount or something? Why will it take several weeks after the vote count?

Why will it take several weeks after the vote count?
    Because of the weird semi-democratic system in the US..

Untill the North American people organize a real democracy they'll have this kind of crap evry 4 years..

The system with the "Electoral College" is so 19th century (1800's)..

Thx for the fix fyrewall
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

Untill you people organize a real democracy you'll have this kind of crap evry 4 years..
    Not me ...

Actually the real reason why it won't be over tonite is because no party reached the needed 270 votes to win. Now, once all the votes from Ohio are done (which looked to be Bush) then it would put him at 270. However, there are a HUGE number (a number that would give Ohio to Kerry) of provisional votes that don't get counted till around 10 days after the election. So technically, this can go on until all of those provisional votes are counted.

Bush think's he won and is ready to accept that he won, blah blah.. however, technically he didn't win yet and Kerry still has a shot.
    Space For Rent.. =]

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    The system with the "Electoral College" is so 19th century (1800's)..
    Got to disagree there Nihil old chap..... Look at the map... You will notice three isolated population centers lean for Kerry while the rest of the country leans for Bush. This being the United States, (ie. 50 individual entities working together), the electoral college ensures that the majority of the states don't get governed simply on the grounds of a few states having a higher population than others.
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Got to disagree there Nihil old chap.....
    You do know it was The_Jinx, not Nihil that said that. Do you?
    Space For Rent.. =]