i'm not an expert in RE but i think that it would be a challenge to learn VB RE,

that's what i concluded from reading some cracking tutorial ...
this is my reason for learning VB, and that will also be the primary reason for learning delphi when i start with it. but perhaps, in the future i learn a language which i like even more then C, and perhaps that will then become the main language i will use....

for now i mainly program for windows, but i think it will never hurt to know a language which can be used on multiple OS's. also i wanted a powerful language, so i started to learn C a while ago...
now that i have written several programs in it, i feel it is time to learn another language and that would be ASM. but i noticed that it is a lot easier to learn ASM from a RE perspective then that it is to write a program from scratch.... this made me stumble into the problems i now have Reverse Engineering VB, so i put aside my eager to learn ASM for a while and started VB.
now when i feel i know enough about VB and Delphi, i will continue to learn ASM again, this way, since most programs that i have found are written in VB, C/C++ or Delphi, i can rely on getting past the problems i had with first learning it...

i personally do not like VB cause as far as i have seen it for now is that it is merely a cut & paste language, just like when you create a webpage with dreamweaver or Frontpage... i do not like this. my website i have written in notepad and completely from scratch, this way i will learn as much as i can about this subject, and this also goes for coding....

i also plan on learning java in the future since this is a language which is cross-platform and used in web-app's a lot...

if i master all those languages (including ASM), i think i will be satisfied with my programming knowledge and then only experience can make me a better programmer