Thread: two questions

two questions

hi again all,
    contiuing my research i have come across two questions..

what are the diffrences between the MCSE, the MCSA, and the MCP certifications as they relate to the tests you must pass to meet certification requirements...

also:

can anybody compair and contrast Microsoft Server Domains and TCP/IP Domain Names

Hate to do it but these questions earned this link..

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Out of respect to this forum, I feel we should expect the same quality of our questions as we do the answers to them.

The expertise to properly answer these and many similar questions is often the product of anothers many moments of time spent reading, reading some more, and then reading some more after that.

Knowledge is not innate and it sometimes feels to me that the willingness to throw out such blanket questions without including some information about what you may know already is an attempt to bypass actual research for a quick answers.

The answers to both questions are well represented with simple google queries. Without context, I don't see the direct relevance to "security" in either.

Just Another Geek

Re: two questions

Originally posted here by devildell
    what are the diffrences between the MCSE, the MCSA, and the MCP certifications as they relate to the tests you must pass to meet certification requirements...
    IMO they're all crap. You can find all that information on http://www.microsoft.com

can anybody compair and contrast Microsoft Server Domains and TCP/IP Domain Names
    Yep. They have absolutely nothing to do with each other. An MS Domain is just a collection of computers (servers and workstations) that share a common accounts database (in a nuttshell). TCP/IP Domain Names are linked to DNS. DNS is a sort of phonebook.
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

AO French Antique News Whore
    MCP :
    The Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) credential is for professionals who have the skills to successfully implement a Microsoft product or technology as part of a business solution in an organization. Candidates are required to pass one current Microsoft certification exam.
    MCSA :
    Microsoft Certified Systems Administrators (MCSAs) administer network and systems environments based on the Microsoft Windows platforms. Specializations include MCSA: Messaging and MCSA: Security.
    MCSE :
    Microsoft Certified Systems Engineers (MCSEs) design and implement an infrastructure solution based on the Windows platform and Microsoft Servers software. Specializations include MCSE: Messaging and MCSE: Security.
    All information directly here : http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/
    -Simon \"SDK\"