Thread: Athalon 2400 +

Athalon 2400 +

I have an Athalon 2400+ processor with a new motherboard, my motherboard has a 400 Mhz FSB but my Athalon only has a 166 cthere any way to overclock that so i can make the FSB faster instead of the core speed

In a word........................NO

You can overclock your processor and your video card but your maximum FSB speed is a function of its architecture.

It may be "theoretically" possible..............but by far the cheapest and most painless solution would be to buy a faster MoBo...............but hardly worth it for an Athlon 2400+?

I would recommend that you go with what you've got, I doubt if you will notice the difference anyway. I would be more inclined to look at memory and video card limitations myself.

Remember that all the components of a build complement eachother so you have to go for BALANCE.

Cheers

Re: Athalon 2400 +

Originally posted here by silent-mage
    I have an Athalon 2400+ processor with a new motherboard, my motherboard has a 400 Mhz FSB but my Athalon only has a 166 cthere any way to overclock that so i can make the FSB faster instead of the core speed
    You can overclock you Athlon 2400, increasing its fsb from 333 to 400. However, overclocking isnt a "black and white" activity, and you can damage components doing that. I advise you that DO NOT overclock your machine except if you have enough experience on such activity.
    Meu sítio

FORMAT C: Yes ...Yes??? ...Nooooo!!! ^C ^C ^C ^C ^C
    If I die before I sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to encrypt.
    If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to brake.