Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where to find free version of L0phtcrack?

Where to find free version of L0phtcrack?

Hi buddies, Can any one help me finding free version of L0phtcrack or LC. I would be very thankfull. OR Can you share with me if you have the LC.

Regards,
    Navdeep Singh Aulakh

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Uh... No. That'd be pirating. LC is a "paid" product. Cain and Abel however is free for those who want to test their users passwords.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Computer Forensics
    lc for free? I think version 2.X was free if you can dig it up...
    Antionline in a nutshell
    \"You\'re putting the fate of the world in the hands of a bunch of idiots I wouldn\'t trust with a potato gun\"

Trust your Technolust

I believe LC has a free trial period but brute force is disabled, I've found cain and able to be quite adequate.

If your just trying to audit your password with brute force, john the ripper is hands down the fastest.
    http://www.bebits.com/app/2396

Hogfly is correct, you can get source for v2 ... might be worth paying for current version (5) - better functionality
    .....Brain Failure....dumping core.... z z z

Originally posted here by NeuTron
    If your just trying to audit your password with brute force, john the ripper is hands down the fastest.
    http://www.bebits.com/app/2396
    But you'd need [as I have learned the harder way] an application for extracting the LANMAN hashes from SAM, in case you're running Win2k/XP. Otherwise John is best for single-machine use.
    /\\

If you are going to pay for something, maybe you should go with SAM Inside, it has distributed capabilities and is written in assembly language for better performance. I have used LC5, Cain and Abel, and SAM Inside and seem to prefer SAM Inisde.

Just Another Geek
    Can SAM inside use rainbow tables? Have you ever tried rainbow tables on LC5?
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Cain and Abel can use Rainbow Tables. I wasn't aware however that LC5 could as well (then again the last full version of LC I used was 2.5).
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage