Thread: spammers convicted-FIRST

spammers convicted-FIRST

hi
    have a look at this article.
    judge recommends 9 years jail
    http://www.news.com.au/common/story_...%255E2,00.html
    wow getting tough on them

Hey don't get the wrong message on this one! I do not think it was "spam" that was the issue, that was just the modus operandi (methodology)

Here is the "real" reason:

In one month, Jaynes received 10,000 credit card orders, each for $39.95, for the processor.
    So that is $400,000 in one month................you are looking at a fraud of at least half a million bucks here..............now that IS what you get 9 years for

Cheers

i have bought a magazine start your own bussines which promote all the bussineses in us and november issue has this offers with credit cards.
    funny they will advertise in a magazine tho:_
    ))

Hey unvi$ible,

Just a handy little course I found online - perhaps it may be of some use to you ;

http://www.interactiontraining.net/knowledge.htm

Enjoy,

Moiss
    # Now if I ever needed inspiration,
    Right about now where I lose my patience,

i dont need stupid comments like that especially if they not related to tread here so use your talent for something more usefull.
    more education for you will be beneficial

Indeed. I have no interest in starting a flame war (despite negging me):/

Regarding your initial post; SPAM is still very much a civil law matter - as criminal juristiction is not, yet, enforced it will continue without consequence. Therefore within the US and UK (amoung others) criminal sentencing cannot be imposed. As nihil stated; the case was regarding fradulant behaviour (a criminal act) which was instigated USING SPAM (simply a means to an end).

Perhaps in future the law will change, but until then - general spam and junk mail very much lies within the hands of civil lawyers - and lawsuits have so far proved unfruitful.
    # Now if I ever needed inspiration,
    Right about now where I lose my patience,