Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to resend a virus

If a virus is trying to infect your computer through a port like what a rpc exploit does, then chances are that the persons computer is infected, ant they more than likely have no knowledge of it. There machine is probly already infected, so it would be slightly pointless to bounce it back.

Its 3 AM in here so forgive me if I'm repeating any answers....

First and foremost, 1 firewall, properly configured is sufficient as mentioned above.
    Second: Lower the alerting level to "low" as your firewall will get hit constantly but you do not need it to report every single case....thats why you think you're being targeted. When the alerting setting is set at "LOW", your firewall will only report attacks which are a real danger to your computer.
    Third: As mentioned above, it is most likely a zombie machine scanning the network. If it is defenitely a zombie machine, then you can report the offending IP to the ISP and they could look into that. Do a WhoIS on the IP and get a hold of the admin for that network. You can give them a call or email them.

Good Luck.

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    Too much like fate ............

On return to home page - This in the Quick Tips:

Firewalls are fantastic security tools, but they are useless unless you configure them correctly.

-submitted by SoggyBottom

View All Quick Tips
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

"Is there anyway to send back to her what she is sending to me?"

WoW... I didn't know you can find the sex of a person from IP address......

Originally posted here by oxygen

Pfft Of course you can, 127.0.0.1 is your little home maker Wife, 138.138.138.138 Is The Misfits network, And 133.7.0.0 is every script kiddie who is a girl, and 133.7.1.1 is all the dudes, and dir.dirrrrrr.dirrrrr.duh is anyone who doesn't know this.

Then there is me:

138.138.DEAD.138 In hex of course.

I wish I could explain the whole situation but this goes further then anyone realizes. I know who this person is because of some business I've done in the past with her & her associates. I did not want to do what these people asked me to do. So far they have drained my bank account (but they did put it back with in 2 days), they have had me tailed, they have sent me treatening messages, & they have more or less stolen my identity. All my mail is going to Mo. I live in Ohio & the post office told me that I had filled out a change of address card (which I have not) & if I want to change the address again I have to go to Mo.
    quote:
    Originally posted here by oxygen

Pfft Of course you can, 127.0.0.1 is your little home maker Wife, 138.138.138.138 Is The Misfits network, And 133.7.0.0 is every script kiddie who is a girl, and 133.7.1.1 is all the dudes, and dir.dirrrrrr.dirrrrr.duh is anyone who doesn't know this.

Then there is me:

138.138.DEAD.138 In hex of course.

This maybe a joke to some of you but it is not to me. I just figured I could come here for a little bit of help but I guess not sorry for the inconvenience. I will not bother you again.

Respects

It's Nobdy,

Unfortunately some users have treated your post as one to ridicule but you really needed to be open and honest because from your post this goes way, way beyond re-sending someone a virus.

I wish I could explain the whole situation but this goes further then anyone realizes. I know who this person is because of some business I've done in the past with her & her associates. I did not want to do what these people asked me to do. So far they have drained my bank account (but they did put it back with in 2 days), they have had me tailed, they have sent me treatening messages, & they have more or less stolen my identity. All my mail is going to Mo. I live in Ohio & the post office told me that I had filled out a change of address card (which I have not) & if I want to change the address again I have to go to Mo.
    Bold annotations are my own.

Correct me if I am wrong, but you have described a catalogue of criminal offences. Also, how did this mysterious woman and her associates "drain" your bank account without either your express permission (a shared account) or by using a key-logger, etc to obtain details to allow them to access any online accounts that you might have? Call me suspicious but if this happened to me then I wouldn't be posting about how to re-send a virus - I'd be notifying the authorities and/or taking my 'own' action.

Again, I suspect that any technical information provided will not help your situation because it is obvious the root cause goes way beyond a technical solution. If someone has access to your bank details, then sending them a virus is like spitting in the wind - compared to the ammunition that they are using against you.

From reading your posts again, I have the following impressions:

1. You have a trojan (RAT) on your box. Back up your files and re-format. Do it NOW!
    2. Ensure you have a firewall properly configured, AV software and if on a Windows box, all of your non-essential services switched off.
    3. Do not download or run any executables unless checked with AV and a Trojan detector - even then be 100% sure of the source (sounds like you've been sucker punched with a Trojan before - virii or trojans generally rely on the user to activate them, unlike worms)
    4. Notify the police. Provide all and any evidence (log files, speak to your phone company, ISP, etc) to help them with their investigation.

I suspect, as you said yourself, that there is an awful lot of background information to this situation that has not been revealed. You sound like what you're really after is someone to provide you with either a step by step guide to hack (retaliate) or to offer their services to you. AP is not the place to be asking for such information, although if you want help in tracking down the source, or avenues then some users can perhaps provide some guidance. That said, from what you've told us I doubt if anyone will touch this with a 10 ft barge pole.

Hope that you resolve your problem.

Regards,
    Riotgirl
    \"Don\'t worry. I don\'t have low self-esteem. It\'s a mistake. I have low esteem for everyone else\".

Riotgirl

The strange thing about this is I have no online accounts. I get paid every two weeks. I went to make a withdraw out of my checking account & the lady at the bank said that not even 5 minutes ago $$ was taken out electronically. She said that she did not know who took it out. I then went home recieved a phone call. They told me to call my bank. I did & they said that the $$ was back in there. He said next time it would not reappear.
    I want to Thank you for your advice & I'll make sure all the suggestions you made are in place.
    The whole thing about this is some of the people that are messing with me are what would you call them? "Dirty" they are well known the states public eye. It's more trouble then it's worth. Or should I say that if I say a word I might not be here tomorrow.
    Thanks again for all your help. I'm glad you gave me a little bit of hope.

Respects

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    I'd be notifying the authorities and/or taking my 'own' action.
    Uhh.. I'd be calling the cops period. It's called stalking, theft and tampering with banking procedures. The bank should also be notified and they should be investigating on their end. Regardless of the amount, this does amount to a crime that time should be done on. The bank would likely detect different IP addresses to access the bank and that will help deal with them.

The issue with reformatting in this case however is that evidence will possibly be destroyed and may leave them without a trail to follow (granted they may have resources to recover this). Ideally, and it's not a cheap option, get another hard drive and format that with a new install. If at all possible, keep the other drive for evidence for the police and don't alter anything on it. 1s and 0s can be difficult in court but it might help lead to more concrete evidence down the road.

The whole thing about this is some of the people that are messing with me are what would you call them? "Dirty" they are well known the states public eye. It's more trouble then it's worth. Or should I say that if I say a word I might not be here tomorrow.
    So you'll let them get away with it again and again against you or others?

And you'll just reformat without knowing how they installed the trojan (if that's what they used)?

You might want to see about investigating this no matter how scary it is. They are relying on your fear of the unknown and who they claim they are (how do you know?) In the worst case (and perhaps a tad paranoid), look physically around the machine to see if any unusual devices are attached and check to see if any indications that someone has been in.

And if these people are as "dirty" as you claim, then you need to ask why they would be targetting you. What have you done to get their attention?
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Thanks for your thoughts.
    I will look around my computer at home & I will take into consideration the other things you said. Thanks a million!
    Respects