drive mapping in 2k server

Thread: drive mapping in 2k server

Banned

drive mapping in 2k server

I have just setup SOHO network. I have a questions.

1. I did mapped the drive in the server but cannot see on the clients(2k pros) . How can i access the drive from the clients?

2.Another one, Are C$,admin$,and ipc$ not residing in hard drive? I can assume it has to be in the hard drive some way. I have also heard they are hidden. But how do I know where are they located? How would I know the path.

3.What about NETLOGON and SYSVOL..what type of folder they are...?

Thanks in advance

Re: drive mapping in 2k server

1. I did mapped the drive in the server but cannot see on the clients(2k pros) . How can i access the drive from the clients?
    could you ellaborate more? i didnt get the problem. Did you SHARE the driver on server?
    2.Another one, Are C$,admin$,and ipc$ not residing in hard drive? I can assume it has to be in the hard drive some way. I have also heard they are hidden. But how do I know where are they located? How would I know the path.
    they are administrative shares. By default there is one $ for each drive (C$, D$, E$, etc) on server. admin$ points to windows installation path (usually c:\winnt). IPC$ is used during logon process (can someone explain ipc$ better?)
    3.What about NETLOGON and SYSVOL..what type of folder they are...?
    they are internal shares of Windows.
    take a look here and see if it helps
    http://www.windowsnetworking.com/kba...NvsSYSVOL.html
    Meu sítio

FORMAT C: Yes ...Yes??? ...Nooooo!!! ^C ^C ^C ^C ^C
    If I die before I sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to encrypt.
    If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to brake.

Banned
    thanks cacosapo,

I mean I have mapped some drives on the server and I can see the mapped drive in MY COMPUTER, but i can't see the same way on the clients box which are running 2k professional. How can i make it happen in the clients?

AO French Antique News Whore
    What do you mean by the same way??
    -Simon \"SDK\"

Keeping The Balance CybertecOne's Avatar
    Perhaps he means that he has mapped it from his computer, but it wont be mapped on his clients....

if so, then you need to map drives individually for each computer... just as you mapped the drive for your computer, so you need to do the same for your clients.

CTO
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    - Albert Einstein