Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Plagued by Dropper.delf.3.L Please help

Exclamation Plagued by Dropper.delf.3.L Please help

Hello. Every evening at precisely the same time AVG warns that a trojan has been found. This has been going on for a week now and I have done everything I can to try to resolve the issue.
    Such as: shutting off system restore, running, spybot, adaware, spysweeper, avg, the list goes on.
    The trojan gets detected and supposedly removed but returns the following evening again.
    It created a temp folder under C: with installer2.exe in it the first cpl nites, now it is creating various folders with different names each time....tricky little pest.

Can anyone please help me to get rid of this pest?
    Appreciate your assistance.

LadySox

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Appl..._21158904.html

btw: do you know if the viruses is located in C:/System VOlume information ? some AV's can't remove it from there because the folder is system protected...
    O.G at A.O

thanks

honestly I have no idea

as instructed on symantec site, I ran their test and of course it came up with Infected warning. Yet all it tells me is
    " Search for the name of the virus(s) listed below on the Symantec Security Response site for removal information. "
    "C:\Documents and Settings\Name\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\4BLJAAND\WindowsUpdate00592[1].exe is infected with Trojan Horse "

It is not telling me which trojan horse??????????????

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Lady:

Go here and download HijackThis. Run it, save the log, (don't fix anything yet) and then post the log here as a text file attachment and I'll take a look, (or someone else will if I'm slow).
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

AFLAAACKKK!!
    Before you try Hijack This I suggest you go to start and then Run and type "msconfig" without quotes. Click on the "startup" tab and look for anything suspicious. If you find anything suspicious google it and try to determine if it's safe yourself, if you can't then tell us what you found here and we will try and help you. Once you know that something is not safe then uncheck it and click ok, you will probably need to restart your computer. If this does not work then try everything else that everyone is telling you to do.
    I am the uber duck!!1
    Proxy Tools

Regal Making Handler
    Try the online scanner at the link below. You will have the option to clean, which you do not with symantecs online scan:
    http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

Then post a hijackthis log.
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

Before you run HijackThis,

Get updates for your Antivirus and AdAware/SpyBot etc.

Boot into safe mode and empty your browser cache and history. Go into Windows Explorer and find your Windows Temp file..delete everything it will let you (it only moves them to the recycle bin).

Now run your antivirus, antispyware, antitrojan etc software, also in safe mode.

Then reboot and run HijackThis

You might as well get rid of as much rubbish as you can before setting about the stubborn ones

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Ya know.... I'm sat here just having a beer.... Lady was online... It would have been a 5 minute job..... But you all want to butt in and confuse the **** outta the poor lass.....

She'll end up having to post the HijackThis log anyway..... Live with it.........
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Regal Making Handler
    Ya know.... I'm sat here just having a beer
    In my best Homer voice, "hhhhaaa bearrrrrrr". Sorry Tiger, can't be where you are. Unless you are importing it
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry