Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Plagued by Dropper.delf.3.L Please help

fingers crossed

I am not seeing it now....here is new hijack this file...and I guess we'll see tonight at 10:47 if it happens again. Thank u so much TigerShark!!

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    OK...

Now I want you to check this line in HijackThis and tell it to Fix it.

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Win Comm] C:\Program Files\Win Comm\WinComm.exe

The restart and see if it comes back
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

I'm back

ok I don't see it now.
    I am also noticing that everytime I reboot my system, it is telling me my network cable is unplugged (when of course it is not) and it takes from 1-5 min to come back up. ????

posting another log just in case.

once again, thanks Tigershark

That might have something to do with the fact you have:-

AVG Antivirus and Zonealarm, 2 Pest patrol, (PPMemcheck & PPControl), and Spybot tea Timer running at startup. They are probably all fighting to do their stuff at startup.

I would disable them all except ZoneAlarm and restart. If it is better then I would have AVG and ZoneAlarm only start up. Keep the spyware stuff for periodic checks rather than having it running all the time.
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Tiger, for her to use the Spybot Teatimer, it has to start at startup.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

I wondered if that had something to do with it, yet I have tried to disable them from starting and they keep returning.
    sorry to be such a pest TigerShark.

Check these two in Hijack this and say Fix.... That'll stop them....

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PPMemCheck] C:\PROGRA~1\PESTPA~1\PPMemCheck.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PestPatrol Control Center] C:\PROGRA~1\PESTPA~1\PPControl.exe

You might want to get rid of Tea Timer, (I've never used it), but I thoroughly recommend the free version of WinPatrol found here. It will also give you an easy way to disable/enable/remove processes you don't want starting and does a good job of protecting your startup items from bad programs.... You could install this first and disable the Pest Patrol stuff with it if you like.

Regal Making Handler
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {F4E04583-354E-4076-BE7D-ED6A80FD66DA} - (no file)
    O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {22F89834-FEF4-2A13-1146-9CA988499AD9} - (no file)
    Evening All,

Lady, the two lines i have highlighted above pertain to spyware. They originaly would have pointed to a dll, but they have been dealt with by one of the scans you have done. You should check those items and have hijackthis fix them.

Edit

Check and fix the following also.

http://h30043.www3.hp.com/sj/en/check/qdiagh.cab?322

There maybe other entries will post back as i find them.

Edit
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

Thank you everyone for all of the help. I beleive we have had success as I did not get the usually annoyance this everning!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I do really appreciate it!

Thank you,
    LadySox