Thread: help with windows drivers

help with windows drivers

some of the drivers that comes with xp are currupted and i dont have a roll back. i was unstalling a data recovery program and when it was uninstalling it currept a few other drivers. my sound river gives trouble at time and i have to use system restore, the cd rom drives are currupted so neither my internal nor external cd drives are any good and my serial mouse driver is disapeared. i cant find any drivers to replace them. the onlyalternative i know of is to format my hard drive but then i would loose all my information. any help or advice would be deeply appriciated

Well,

1. Try system "repair" instead of "restore"
    2. You should be able to get the drivers for your sound card and CDs from the manufacturers' websites.

Otherwise try deleting them and reboot. Windows should rediscover them and ask you for the Windows CD to load drivers.

You may have to delete the existing drivers if they are still there and corrupt.

Good luck

i cannot get the drivers from the manufacturers' websites because of the plug and play in xp and they all say that the drivers are already loaded when windows xp is installed.

To expound on what nihil was telling you:
    If you go into your device manager (the same place where you roll back the drivers) anouter option is to uninstall or delete the drivers that are there. Then when you reboot, XP plug and play will detect what to it is new devices and prompt you to put in your installation disk, so that it can reload them from the source.

Edit> Also http://www.driverguide.com/
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown