Thread: Wireless Card Says "Connected" but Won't Connect!

Hybrid View

Question Wireless Card Says "Connected" but Won't Connect!

I've been working on this one for the past few hours, and it's driving me MAD:

Windows 98 Second Edition
    Trendnet wireless card
    Microsoft wireless router

Here's what I'm looking at:

1) Router is properly configured and connected. Two other machines are connected to the router via wired connections successfully.
    2) No security whatsoever, meaning no encryption...just until I can establish a wireless connection. Keeping it basic until I can figure out this problem.
    3) The trouble computer is configured correctly. IP, DHCP, DNS, Gateway, and Submask settings are all correctly configured.
    4) Drivers installed for the card.
    5) Configuration utility for the card shows the card as CONNECTED, green light and strong connection.
    6) Router configuration menu identifies the computer as successfully connected.

However, despite the green card and confirmed connection, as soon as I open Explorer, I get "Page Cannot be Displayed". WTC?! That doesn't make sense!

So how can the card AND the router show me as connected, but I still can't connect? I can't even ping the router!

sometimes the simplest things trip us up

always check the wep transmit default and use that code....

Quote Originally Posted by antidoteonme View Post
    always check the wep transmit default and use that code....

I really hope this has been resolved in the 5+ years since the last post....
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

goodnight...........thread closed