Thread: Burning an ISo image on flash disk

Burning an ISo image on flash disk

Hi all,
    how is this possible to burn an (bootable) iso image on flash/USb disk. I have searched thru google but did not find any related help.

Thanks in advance
    Excuse me, is there an airport nearby large enough for a private jet to land?

the beign of authority kurt_der_koenig's Avatar
    Hi all,
    how is this possible to burn an (bootable) iso image on flash/USb disk. I have searched thru google but did not find any related help.

Thanks in advance
    Don't get me wrong of nothing but you would just transfer<cut and paste> it to the drive. Burning something is left up to CDs and DVDs. Then just make sure you set your bios to boot from the flash/usb drive!

The filesystem on a CD and HDD/Flashdisk are very different beasts. A Data-CD uses ISO 9660 (or HSF or a combination of others) while other devices make use of a FAT12/16/32.

Creating a MS-DOS bootable flash drive is generally done by creating a bootable MSDOS floppy disk, and then copying the files onto a freshly formatted USB flash drive while making the appropriate modification to the MBR. You need to back it up first because you must format/erase the flash drive.

Try using this program. I haven't used it because my computer doesn't support booting off of USB, and I have no use for it. http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/fi...oad/20306.html