I just saw "Northen Lights"
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I just saw "Northen Lights"

I just saw "Northen Lights"

OK, first, I'm not high right now.

I just went outside for a smoke, and I looked up at the sky. I happened too look up at the sky, and too be honest, I thought I was seeing things. It's Icey cold outside right now, and I saw what I can only describe as The most amazing thing I think I've ever seen Sober.

The sky was flashing red and white, like it had been set on fire. Windows Media Player has a few visual things you can have going while you listen too a CD, but it doesn't even come close too what I just saw actually happen.

The Red stopped just as quickly as it had started, and all of a sudden, BOOM! the Sky is bright blue and green, and colors are dancing in the sky. I couldn't believe it. I'm probably going too be getting yelled at in the morning because I woke my Mom up who has too be at work in 2 hours, to come look.

It was a green and white mixture that looked like the Castle in "The Wizard of Oz" except it seemd too go straight into the sky, and let off smoke signals. It was amazing. I stood there freezing, watching, as the whole thing started too move like a flame in the stars.

Then that stopped and I'm like... Where did it go? I look too my right and there it was, an Icey blue color with a greenish tint, playing in the sky. It seemed like it was the whole night on fire. I'm not sure if any of you have seen this before in person, but the first thing that popped into my head is "What the hell did I take?". I realised I haven't had anything in over 8 hours.

It is amazing looking. Watching colors play in the sky. The only way I can describe what I just saw is colored fire dancing in the sky. And the colors are amazing.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to get Narcotized too witness this properly.

Yes sir.....it is a pure natural wonder.

I just went to the corner 7-11 and noticed that they were very visable tonight and much higher than normal. But wonderful...wonderful....wonderful.

To be able to see them anywhere in the greater Seattle area is amazing in itsef, because of all the background lights and clutter.

The best I have ever seen them was a cold January night when traveling across northern Montana on highway 2. I was the only vehical out there (about 3:30 am) and I stopped on the side of the road and just watched them for over an hour.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

I saw extremely wonderfully red/purple/blue streaks in the sky last night, they were ****in' incredible. However I was high at the time with some friends, so I didn't know if it was just me.
    Space For Rent.. =]

Hehe, I was a few minutes later. It looked even better! I heard tonight they will happen again so I'm going too be outside freezing my ass off too look again.

the beign of authority kurt_der_koenig's Avatar
    Well you guys are lucky....all I seen was putty and my unfinished 10 page research paper.

********** |ceWriterguy
    I sure wish we could see sights like that down here in Texas. I did get to see it one evening on an Arctic Circle cruise back in my Navy days - we were under darken ship, so no outside light interference. It was indeed one of the most amazing things I've ever seen.
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

They freak you out.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

Hey Gore!

Nice aren't they............I first saw them when I was around nine years old. My old man had gone out to the garage for something and rushed back to bring mom, my older brother, and myself out to see...........my old man was in Norway with the RAF during WWII, so he knew what they were

Atmospherics seem about right just now...............TV reception is crap

/off topic

I spoke with our Mayor on Sunday, he will try to get you a job with our parks and gardens department............. "The poppies were very successful johnno" he said............."we won the flowers in Britain competition"

An Afghan friend got me around 4 pounds of seed.......................papaver thingymebob, or "moon flowers"..............and I got the local council to plant them.............OK mixed up with some of my collection to give a bit more variety.................

I have a friend who is a missionary priest in South America.............he will try to get me some seeds for shrubs

/close

Good luck with the Aurora Borealis mate

Papaver Somniferum

You'll love them. When the flower petals fall off, wait for two weeks, and lights scrape the pods with a knife or something. The white stuff you'll see oozing out is Morphine and Codiene mixed together in something called Opium,

To confirm this isn't something we're making up: This was just on the channel 5 news as well as the channel 7 news and was talked about ALOT during the news cast as something "amazing".
    Space For Rent.. =]