Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Major probs with IE

willowmoon,

If you want to avoid spyware in the future, you might think about downloading/installing
    this free program>>

SpywareBlaster

It might help and can't hurt.

[glowpurple]Thanks I think I will get that....anything that can help keep the caaaa-caaaa out, I am all for!![/glowpurple]
    Willow

thats great you got it all cleaned up, that system restore can be a pesky sun of a gun. Now you can help the next guy with spyware issues! ;-)
    kr5kernel
    (kr5kernel at hotmail dot com)
    Linux: Making Penguins Cool Since 1994.

here's a link to a site that i think is essential in fighting spyware/viruses

http://www.answersthatwork.com/Taskl...s/tasklist.htm

MXTASK:

Background task which is part of the Mijenix Fix-it utilities. Fix-it was later bought by Ontrack, and then later by VCOM (V Communications) in October 2002. VCOM have since released Fix-It Utilities v5 (Thank you to the user who pointed us to the correct VCOM!!). MXTASK is part of the auto-update feature of Fix-It v4. It checks for updates to the Fix-It product and for antivirus pattern file updates.

Recommendation :
    This task is an essential part of Fix-It Utilities v4 since it keeps your PC’s virus protection up-to-date with the latest viruses. Should you absolutely need to, you can disable auto-update (MXTASK) from running in the background under the Fix-It v4 settings.

because the writers of this type of scumware get their inspiration from virus writers, if i were you i would turn off "system restore" thus deleting all the restore files. you can turn it back on once the system is clean. thisn(system restore) is becoming a favorite place to hide infections because of the inability of anti-malware programs to delete anything found there. after this is done restart in safe mode and run full system scans with everything you have then post a fresh hijackthis log

because IETie.dll is not found when in safe mode i tend to think something that starts in regular mode is creating it at every boot.

some other tools that are helpfull in getting rid of this and other crap:

pstools from www.systernals.com and fport from www.foundstone.com
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Banned
    wildtangent is known to be spyware/adware.