Hey there, I am new to this site. There is another tech site that I generally frequent but lately they have not seemed to be of much help.

Here is my story....I will try to make it short and to the point. Some time ago my whole system just started acting goofy (a highly technichal term in MY techie dictionary...lol) programs did not open right, my IE disapeared, it would not open, then my Netscape did the same. I had to use only Mozilla for the longest time because it was the only browser I could get to open.

Ok, so, I finally broke down and decided to reinstall the XP. That seemed to do it, everything worked great, all my messeners were working again, all of my broswsers worked great, programs opened and ran with out a hitch.

This morning I tried to access my yahoo mail through the desk top icon (the IE yahoo mail link) it seemed to work fine, typed in my name and password. The mail screen remained just long enough for me to see how many messages I had then it went to some funky search screen which in the address bar said -- about:blank. No matter what I am trying to access via IE, I can see it breifly then it goes to -- about:blank. Occassionally I get a pop up there that tells me that I have a virus or spywear. Even then if I click on that pop up, it sends me only to a search engine that I don't know what it is and in the address bar it says -- about:blank!!!!!

So far everything else on my system is doing ok. Messengers are still working and so is Netscape. I can access my yahoo email through Netscape. Is something up with IE......I really don't think that it could be my system again. I have a really great deep scan AV prog which is not finding any problems, I also have Ad-aware and SpyBot. They found a few things, but after running them and clearing them out I still have the same BS with IE!!

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated, please either post or email or message me.

Thanks

Willow