Thread: New spyware removal tool

Exclamation New spyware removal tool

Hey folks, just wanted to let you know that there is a new spyware fighting tool out called CounterSpy. I found it at
    http://www.sunbelt-software.com/product.cfm?id=410

Looks and works REALLY well...whats your opinions?
    Sex is like \"Social Security\". You get a little each month, but it\'s not enough to live on.

So, ive been searching the posts for an OSX spyware detecter/remover, but i really havent had much luck. Ive also tried google, again, with not much luck. Ive been a windows child my whole life, and I dabble in linux, but recently i bought a powerbook g4, and was wondering if anyone knew of any spyware/antivirus/firewall (osx has a built in firewall, just wanting to keep my options open incase Mac's start to become targeted) downloads. Couldnt find a place to post this, so i figured id just piggyback on this wondeful post by wildred

Thanks for any help

-z3

I would just like to add another antispyware removal.Yahoo has it's own anti spyware program.

Actually, believe it or not, the Yahoo spyware removal tool is actually a somewhat stripped version of PestPatrol. PestPatrol is now under ComputerAssociates hands. They were bought out this year, but Yahoo still has licensing.
    Sex is like \"Social Security\". You get a little each month, but it\'s not enough to live on.

Can't say that I've heard of this one. How does it fair in comparison to A squared, Ad aware, and S&D among others? I don't have access to a Windows machine at the moment, but I will have to check it out. Thanks for the heads up.
    Opinions are like holes - everybody\'s got\'em.

Smile

Personally, I like it way better than any. It has true active protection to prevent spyware installation--I think to sum it up, its got almost everything the "other" programs have and then some. It does cost money, BUT some things are just worth paying for (unless you wanna eye patch it)