Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: windows source?

Ninja Code Monkey
    The last two responses to this thread almost amaze me.

Yes, you can get the source for linux, and if you actually know what you are looking at it may be helpful to you in some way. That has nothing to do with the main question in this thread however.

As for microsoft not being able to publish the source because it is pirated, did you miss the whole part about them having to turn code over to the governments of various countries or the fact that they have programs to share code? That was just plain retarded...
    "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Erasmus
    "There is no programming language, no matter how structured, that will prevent programmers from writing bad programs." - L. Flon
    "Mischief my ass, you are an unethical moron." - chsh
    Blog of X

I do believe it was meant as a joke, juridan... Quite funny IMO I might add...
    [H]ard|OCP <--Best hardware/gaming news out there--|
    pwned.nl <--Gamers will love this one --|
    Light a man a fire and you\'ll keep him warm for a day, Light a man ON fire and you\'ll keep him warm the rest of his life.

Custom User
    lol...it's amazing to see complete overreactions to jokes. It's almost like the sort of thing that I'd say to my friends then get pulled up for.

ac

Err, is it really a joke though? I mean, it's general knowledge that portions of BSD code were used in Win9x tools/network stacks.
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult
    Is your whole family retarded, or did they just catch it from you?

Yeah and the fact they stole IE... Then made it a buggy insecure POS... hmmm... Maybe it's not a joke... Lol... But for the most part the kernel and main parts of the OS were coded by M$...
    [H]ard|OCP <--Best hardware/gaming news out there--|
    pwned.nl <--Gamers will love this one --|
    Light a man a fire and you\'ll keep him warm for a day, Light a man ON fire and you\'ll keep him warm the rest of his life.