Thread: PC Security Test 2005 Software

AO French Antique News Whore

PC Security Test 2005 Software

I just found a nice piece of software call Pc Security Test 2005 that will simulate attack from virus, spyware and hacker. Sadly, the program is written in French but those you can understand even the basic French, I recommend it.

Download : http://www.pc-st.com/pcsecuritytest.zip

Link : http://www.pc-st.com
    -Simon \"SDK\"

ok, i don't speak one word of french and i got it installed and ran it, easy for everyone

strange thing is that i got 0% protection against spyware, but i don't have any spyware on my computer, i use firefox all the time and ad-aware (last time i scaned(2 weeks ago) i didnt have anything)) .... good program though,

tx SDK

edit: and i have AVG Proffessional running !
    O.G at A.O

Merde alors!

I gave it a try on this XP box, not my ARV box..............

I could get the download with no problems............then installing it?............hah! WinSonar would not let me.............so i switched that off..............all the other guys started complaining?............I had to authorise it about 5 times to get it to run, so the conclusion that I was "unprotected" is probably not true

Hey, it did wake them all up though

Nice one Simon!

It was easy to install and setup. I had a bit trouble getting it to scan but i finaley got it to. I like how it works thanks for the web site.
    There is all way\'s one way to fix a computer. Our i think sow at least

www.americasarmy.com

Banned
    I don't really see the point... in order for this thing to do its job, you have to:

- Allow it to connect to two websites: if you don't, there's a program error, the program stalls and you have to start over...

- Allow it to access its own virus1.exe file and install it. If you don't, start all over...

- Allow it to add that "virus"-value (C:\windows\system\virus1.exe) to the registry.
    If you don't, you get another error: "echec a la definition des donnees pour 'virus'" and the program stalls again...

- Allow it to access virus2.com. Same story.

- Allow it to change your IE start page. Same story.

My box caught every single thing it tried to do. If I allow the tests to be run, it can go on and conclude its tests... but then my score will be low (doh).
    If I don't allow the tests, the program doesn't run.

Conclusion: impossible to get perfect scores. Nice marketing stunt for a new security suite...

Almost as bad as adware popping up windows to tell you that you have adware and should buy product X... bah.

My box caught every single thing it tried to do. If I allow the tests to be run, it can go on and conclude its tests... but then my score will be low (doh).
    Exactly!................you won't get a glowing report and a pat on the head, but the fact that you have to keep allowing it to run shows that what you already have is working?

As you say, if you let it run all the way through, it is bound to give you a bad report.