Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Disappointed in Anti-online ethics

Disappointed in Anti-online ethics

ALthough intially whenever you join any new forum there is always a surplus of people that will put you down and insult your intelligence (or atleast lack of intelligence). This is an expected phase that I wasn't looking for to however accepted. Some people will simply not help you in your quest of questions within these threads (and that's fine). This isn't the issue here. What dissapointed me was the fact that you cannot 'read' the posts uner 'AntiOnline Addicts'. Understandibly, some people may post giberish here, and I"m sure some of you will think this is gibberish, however the freedom to read should have been allowed. Because I don't meet the requirements of so many posts (250?) does not mean that I am not a dedicated and committed reader and member of the AO community. It doesn't bother me so much that I cannot post in this section. I understand that a site like this needs to have an elite room. However, taking away the freedom from reading the inticate die-hard posts of AO addicts is now hidden from the public unless you post and post some more. I may be missing out on some good threads (simply to read them). I wonder if AO has considered that some people post very minimal here and post/read a ratio of 1 to 25. I didn't think this was the Menza Club although not being able to read this section gives it the ego-like holier than thou mindframe similar to that of some secret organization (and it isn't, it's just a website). Otherwise the sites ok.

Trumpet-Eared Gentoo Freak
    soma56,

Let me assure you that the most interesting topics are NOT in the addicts forum.
    I seldom look in the addicts forum, hell, even the first time i entered addicts i got disappointed cause i was excited to read it, just as you are now.

The most interesting stuff is widely available to tthe public, so also to you.

Greetz,
    Come and check out our wargame-site @ http://www.rootcontest.org
    We chat @ irc.smdc-network.org #lobby

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    First off, Addicts isn't all that you'd imagine it to be.

Second, it's an earned right/privilege.

And as you have said, just because you don't have the required posts doesn't mean that you aren't worthwhile. It just means you don't have the required posts. The idea of the post count was to seperate out those who aren't that serious versus those that are.

I didn't think this was the Menza Club although not being able to read this section gives it the ego-like holier than thou mindframe similar to that of some secret organization (and it isn't, it's just a website).
    That would be your interpretation of it. That's not necessarily fact. There are many that are "Addicts" and aren't like that. Seems a big generalization.

Understandibly, some people may post giberish here, and I"m sure some of you will think this is gibberish, however the freedom to read should have been allowed.
    This is a private site. "Privileges" are determined by admins. They are not freedoms.

Now, you may think this is harsh. Well, no offense but deal with it. As you said, this is just a website. Why not just join in discussions and enjoy the ride and scenery?
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Yeah, you're not missing anything. Most of the good topics are right smack in the typical security section for all to see.

Havne't we discussed this topic a million times, to make it read-only for not addicts ? to make a senior forum and make it read only or partialy read only so newbies have something to strive for....

not gonna happen, post and post and one day you'll get in and read about our bitching about the site
    O.G at A.O

Re: Disappointed in Anti-online ethics

I understand that a site like this needs to have an elite room.

man, just continue to contribute and you will get to that elite room. BTW, 102% os posts there are pure crap:

90% of posts are about senior members complaining about newbies
    05% of posts are about senior members complaining about other senior members
    05% of posts are about .... nothing
    02% of posts are about random crap
    ---
    102% (its so full of b.s. that exceeds normal percentage)

as a senior newbie, i can tell you: you are missing nothing.
    Meu sítio

FORMAT C: Yes ...Yes??? ...Nooooo!!! ^C ^C ^C ^C ^C
    If I die before I sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to encrypt.
    If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to brake.

Banned
    Where's the thread closed button when you need it?

The idea of the post count was to seperate out those who aren't that serious versus those that are.
    Hrmm, wow.. I was always under the impression that the post count for the Addict's should be raised (since 275 doesn't really mean you are "serious", just look at the numbers of people who are above 275 and how much of AO they make up) to something higher than 275.

Oh well, just my 2 pesos.
    Space For Rent.. =]

90% of posts are about senior members complaining about newbies
    05% of posts are about senior members complaining about newbies
    05% of posts are about .... nothing
    02% of posts are about random crap
    You forgot the posts complaining about the senior members complaining about newbies.

However, there are a few jewels in there:

(1) AcidReign's tech support horror stories.
    (2) Any thread started by AngelicKnight.

However, there are a few jewels in there:

(2) Any thread started by AngelicKnight.

[/B]
    i ve covered them on that statistics (2%, adding my posts there too)....
    Meu sítio

FORMAT C: Yes ...Yes??? ...Nooooo!!! ^C ^C ^C ^C ^C
    If I die before I sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to encrypt.
    If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to brake.