Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbee Programming

Just Another Geek
    How about this?

Start -> run..
    cmd.exe

Now drag 'n drop your compiled program into the command shell and press enter.
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Custom User
    Dia_Byte, keeping compiler options default severely limits what you can do. I think that what C_Programmer was saying about changing the options is quite pertinent. If you are developing a console application and want to run it using your ide, then you should make sure that the options are set up right.

ac

you're right and i know that

but if you don't know what you're doin you might not have a compiler any more !!!

using bad options might result in unexpected error

so you better know what you're doing
    [gloworange][shadow]www.geocities.com/dia_byte0 [/shadow] [/gloworange]

No To 1559 !

Signature image is too tall!

Bloodshed runs on linux, it uses the GNU Compiler Collection, among others, if memory serves...

While the cin >> x; method is indeed a viable cross-platform solution, and though API calls do tend to slow down program execution, seeing as this snippet is located at the very end of Main, it shouldn't make a difference. Either way; you choose, provided you're running Winbloze.

I, personally, didn't know about this system call (I write most of my C-style code in C#), and thought it was interesting enough for Dia to have shared it with the rest of us.

SirDice:
    I...never...would...have...thought...of...that... (Fushi kicks himself repeatedly) I could've saved month's worth of time spent "cd" ing into and out of folders by now had someone told me that :P