Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hitman Pro

Hitman Pro

http://www.hitmanpro.nl/

http://members.home.nl/mloman/setup.exe

By far the best tool to combat spyware.Uses auto update when started!!!

Uses Ad-Aware SE 6.2
    Webroot SpySweeper 3.0
    Spybot Search & Destroy 1.3
    SpywareBlaster 3.2
    McAfee Stinger

Windows 2000 and XP only at this time!

Hitman Pro 1.7.0 - Rapport
    18-11-2004 21:55

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Internet updates
    No new updates available

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    InterMute CWShredder
    CoolWebSearch was not found on your system.

Immunize
    System is protected against DSO exploit
    Messenger service already disabled
    Disabled Install On Demand features of Internet Explorer
    Disabled third-party browser extensions in Internet Explorer
    Security Level of Internet Zone reset to medium in Internet Explorer
    SpywareBlaster protection applied
    Spyware Block List file applied to block bad ActiveX controls in Internet Explorer

Ad-Aware SE Build 1.05
    Using definitions file: SE1R19 14.11.2004
    Performing full system scan
    Objects identified: 0

Spy Sweeper 3.2.0 (Build 148)
    Sweep initiated using definitions version 416
    Scanning 2 fixed drive(s) - C: D:
    Found: 0 file traces.
    0 spyware traces located

Spybot Search & Destroy
    Enabled permanent Internet Explorer immunity to block known spyware installers

This is what you get after starting Hitman Pro.
    Anyone used the Hitman?

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    I dunno.... It's all dutch to me......

Seems to me that is simply automates a bunch of other peoples products.

That said, I can write a batch file that would do a lot of that.... and the paypal logo implies he wants money for a pretty batch file..... Hmmmm.....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    I use AdAware and SpyBot along with several other items already.

Question :
    If you take this HitMan, do you have to uninstall your existing kit ?

Or :
    Does it amalgamate the kit you have on board, and take over the running of it ?

Will it allow you to use other security software, no conflicts ?

Is the update a one stop, all in one ?

How long have you ran it ?

[edit] I've just seen Tigers post.
    Put me down for one order of script [/edit]
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

The last time I tried to download it, it crashed...........I was having a few ISP problems

I can now give it a trial......................I will let you know, but it looks like a useful idea.........set it up and let it go then down the pub for a session.

I don't know what sort of future this kind of software has, given that it uses other people's freeware, and runs them in an automated/pseudo batch environment.

As you say it auto-updates................could be a good thing for the non-computer literate, as they would not have to think about it.

I will be VERY interested in what the default settings for the various components are

I have noticed, as I am sure that you have, that the "big players" have been going for these "universal panacea" solutions...........and that they are not very impressive?

This could be an alternative to going back to schedulers and batch files

Thank you

Arrrgh! Tiger~ and Foxy~ beat me to a lot of it

Tiger~ My Dutch isn't very good, but he was saying that he would appreciate donations as it costs him money for his site/bandwidthh etc...............the last bit was that he is not planning Win98/ME versions............he is not selling it as such.

Nihil:

I know that Ad-Aware Pro and Spybot have command line switches that allow you to run, autoupdate, autofix, ignore/clean non-threatening items and do it all silently if you want.

To be absolutely honest I have written a startup script for my network that runs one of these at startup when they show too much scumware activity.... I simply move the computer into the AD OU for a week and wait for the phonecall asking why their computer is taking so long to start.... I then inform them that their computer is infested with scumware to the point where I have to run this utility.... I then inform them that when I have to run the utility it is usually a good indication of non-work related internet use..... Then I plead a meeting and put the phone down before the whiner goes into their "I never do anything personal on my work computer" speil.....

I'm sure that if I put my mind to it I could create a script/batch file to do what this guy is doing....

As to the "donate to help pay for..... ", Yawn..... he already pays for it.... he did it in the hope of donations.... He's hoping his "pretty interface" for what is little more than a batch file is going to pay for his internet connection and maybe more....

OTOH... he could just link to Mozilla and Ad-aware and have done with it after warning that the user needs to remember to run Ad-Aware every week or two just in case....

You might be able to tell by now.... I'm not overly impressed....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Hey Tiger~

You said:

That said, I can write a batch file that would do a lot of that.
    And I said:

This could be an alternative to going back to schedulers and batch files
    Similar?

Nihil:

We're old.....

We understand how this stuff works.....

It hasn't changed that much.....

But there are a lot of people out there learning for the first time....

Isn't this called "experience"..... I always wanted it.... Now i have it I wonder how much fun the internet _could_ be...

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar
    So this program just basically automates all the other spyware/adware killers that u already have? i DL this program and its in german lol i cant read it! but i think i installed it correctly
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

To protect poor old Tex:

its in german
    I think that he meant "in a Germanic style of language"

They don't have an EU in Texas?