Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: found a bank using unsecure wireless

Re: found a bank using unsecure wireless

You could always report this to your local news media. The tv stations where I live just love stories like this. Plus it would educate a lot more people than just the bank or the hospital about how insecure the technologies are.

The people where I work are bugging the daylights out of me about wireless. I tell them it'll happen about the fifth of never and point them to wireless hacking sites to read up.

I think you worried to much...
    ethically, as everyone said before, just tell them.
    Mayb u get a reward, or the worst u'll be interrogate.. If u still not sure, go anonymously.

A new whitehat service business, is also a good option though.. hehe

First time poster here, Hello everyone.

Anyways, glad you brang this up, I have a hobby of wardriving, even though I am too young to drive, my uncle usually drivers me around. Hospitals, banks and other businesses are unsecure all over the world. I'm planning to make a video with my cousin explaining how people just buy a access point, plug it in and final (without settting any security settings). We will "wardrive" and find OPEN wireless networks, run up to their front door, ring the bell, and basically tell them how unsafe they are, and if they take me to court/press charges, so be it, judge will most likely see what kind of a situation I'm in. Anyways, I would go and tell them.
    If at first you don\'t succeed, work for Microsoft.

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    Acidloop :
    Please note the flashing date at the top of the thread.
    it shows that the thread is OLD.

Take care with your posting.

enjoy it here at AO.
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

Alrighty thanks alot for that.

Please note the flashing date at the top of the thread.
    it shows that the thread is OLD.
    It's only 14 days old, according to those who have been with the thread posted above. Not a big deal Besides, if more information and opinion can be shed on an old topic, why not? The more input the merrier and maybe it will enlighten those who did not see it the first time?

Welcome to AO acid

Hehe thanks. This forum is pretty warm-welcoming compared to many other forums I've joined. How do I get a custom Avatar? In options I can't find anywhere where I can browse?

Sorry Pooh :

Just a reaction, but I didn't say it was bad, just advised him to be careful.

As you say, sometimes it is better to re-open an old thread, and continue it, rather than start a new one.

Done it myself

[edit]
    custom avatars come available after 10 posts:

If you want to continue to post questions re:- AO, then please put them into the correct forum, in this case General Chit Chat [GCC] or Questions about AO.

All are accessed via the front page : Active In AntiOnline's Forums :
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Ok, I will just wait after 10 posts, thanks. Also, I keep getting emails when someone replies to me on AO, how do I get rid of that?

when you posted your reply, you had the opportunity to subscribe to the thread. Get EMails.
    To stop them click on the UN subscribe link at the bottom of the thread.

If you want to continue to post questions re:- AO, then please put them into the correct forum, in this case General Chit Chat [GCC] or Questions about AO.