Thread: Partition Magic 8.0 Error #192

Partition Magic 8.0 Error #192

To redistribute free space from drive E to drive C I receive the following computer message. Error #192
    Files necessary to support windows ME have not been installed. Re-installing from the partition magic CD will correct this problem.
    When I click OK ,computer leaves the space asit was before.
    Can you advise what to do?

It's a really easy fix, and is described in the actual error message: The way you fix this is to reinstall using the PM CD. Am I correct that you installed Me over 9x a bit ago?

there is some other problem, i am using winme over 9x, and i have done the same using Pm and have not recieved any errors.

will get back to you, finding the soultion, you also try the above one stated by an uknown friend of mine.

Still have the same problem, although I tried alternate ways. There could be some files missing, or corrupted. I have two harddrives installed, each 8.8 GB. Drive C and drive E are in the one harddrive having equal space. Drive C is running out of space and I am trying to increase it's space from drive E. Any suggestions?

When I search Symantec (PMs new owner) for error 192 it gives this.

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT...ic&svy=&csm=no

Have you tried a scandisk in safe mode yet?
    \"You got a mouth like an outboard motor..all the time putt putt putt\" - Foghorn Leghorn

Be careful,

I have known nasty cases of data loss using that software. Please make sure that you backup before you do anything.

Why can't you just move stuff from the "C" drive.....................I run a box with a 2.1Gb and 6.4 Gb drive..............I store most of the applications on the second drive.

just a warning