Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Symantec and trendmicro

From your screenshot, I can see that you are using Sygate personal firewall. I am also using this firewall and have similar problem as you for a long time. The firewall seem to contain a bug and sometime displays the wrong destination. I am not sure if this is really caused by the firewall though...

Greeting's :

I am sorry i couldn't reply for 3 day's, I was out of town. Anyway the problem is still there,
    some more information that i think i should share,
    1. I use original version of all the products.
    2. I am not running tow AV's or firewalls

here is what i use :
    I use PC-Cillin AV (trial version) (latest ver and def)
    Sygate Firewall (paid) (latest ver and def)
    and Norton GoBack, Ghost and Partition magic (all paid).

I dont know if my system is 0wned (may be one of you can help me here) I have kept checking all open connection using F-Port 2.0. I get lot of Incoming and Outgoing packets to 10.40.0.1 ?? the application which sends this is "\system32\drivers\ndisuio.sys.

I dont know what should i do all my project work is on the computer if i format and re-install i might loose some work and if i take backup..... I am worried that if my computer is really infected then there is a risk my backup will be same..... any suggestion.
    Parth Maniar,
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, SSCP

*Thank you GOD*

Greater the Difficulty, SWEETER the Victory.

Believe in yourself.

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    You might consider getting a windows version of Ethereal or another "network sniffer", crank it up with everything else accessing the internet off (messengers, browsers, games, everything) and then auto-update your AV. With the capture of your tcp dump, you'll be able to trace packets and see exactly where they're really going. By doing so, you figure out if it's your firewall misreporting something or if it's truly going there for some reason.
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.