Hi there all,

About a week ago I reinstalled my windows xp. Everything pretty much went off without a hitch except for two things. One was that my computer was not recognizing the NIC card that it has had in it since purchase. When I went into the device manager it was telling me that there were no NIC cards installed at all. This was not a big deal as I just happened to have a NIC card new in the box lying around the house . Popped it in....no probs.

The second problem I had is a little tougher. I am not getting any kind of audio . On one hand I get an error message that tells me there are no sound devices installed, BUT when I go into the device manager I am seeing audio devices that the device manager says are "working properly". What I am thinking is that it might be easier to just buy a sound card (don't have one of those lying around the house unfortunately... ) and stick it in there.

I hesitate a bit to do that though because unlike the problem with the NIC the device manager is telling me that all of my audio stuff is in there and working properly. Maybe I just lost the drivers? I do NOT want to go through the xp reinstall again just to try to get the drivers......

I am basically at a loss on this one and will take any suggestions that come my way.

Thanks