I'm Confused......Really Confused.

Thread: I'm Confused......Really Confused.

Question I'm Confused......Really Confused.

So what's new right?

Ok. So now the Gays are saying that the lack of Coed dorms creates an environment of Heterosexism. I just don't get it.

Here is the full story: http://www.thedartmouth.com/article....=2004111001020

SA votes to back co-ed housing
    29 of 40 Assembly members agree to pass new resolution

Student Assembly voted Tuesday night in favor of a resolution calling for more co-ed housing options on campus. Out of the 40 members present at the meeting, 29 voted for the resolution, 10 voted against it and one abstained.

The vote took place after 20 to 30 minutes of debate among the members. Many backed the resolution because they said current housing policy is heterosexist and insensitive to the needs of the gay community.

Others argued that the resolution affects only a few people and will detract from other Assembly movements, while some supported the idea of co-ed housing but took issue with the current resolution as drawn up by the Diversity Affairs Committee. Ty Moddelmog '08 criticized the resolution's use of the word "heterosexist" saying that the College's administration would be more likely to accept the proposal if it used different, more commonly-understood language.

Travis Green '08 criticized the resolution for affecting just a small number of people in a few suites in East Wheelock and the new McLaughlin cluster, as well as the River Apartments.

"It will affect only 150 people while other committees are working on things that can benefit 3,000 people," Green said.

Assembly Vice President Todd Rabkin Golden '06 spoke in favor of the resolution.
    "If people aren't ready for this option, they just don't sign up for it," Rabkin Golden said. He also responded to comments about the administration's unwillingness to support co-ed housing.

"Dean Redman isn't in favor of it, so what?" he asked.

Redman told The Dartmouth yesterday that he does not unequivocally oppose co-ed housing, as long as men and women do not live in the same room. His main concerns at this time, are logistics, he said, due to D-plans and privacy, but he is looking forward to more conversation with the Diversity Affairs Committee and the Assembly.
    The mentally handicaped are persecuted in this great country, and I say rightfully so! These people are NUTS!!!!

Boston, MA
    I bet most of the votes came from people who would like to get a piece of ass from their hot roomate...and if they deny it, they're lying.

United Kingdom: Bridlington

Last time I looked out of the window most of the World was heterosexist................hell even the seagulls seem to be getting in on the act (I live about 200x from the beach)