Thread: The ACT Program

The ACT Program

First off if I am in the wrong forum I am sorry, I am so far lower than a newbee... I have a problem and have been looking for 48 hrs straight now to fix it... I am a wanta be sec who's boss has given her a program she knows nothing about to make patient contact files for our company... I have been working in my spare time (late nights) to get this done.... 2 nights ago I locked myself out of the file I was working on... I am pretty sure I know the user name and password but the program won't let me in.... If I can't find a way of fixing it I lose alot more sleep and pissing the boss of to no end.... I will have to start from scratch... I am not someone who wants to get into her husband private files to see if he is cheating I am trying to save my job.... If someone knows how to fix this I will do what ever it takes to prove I am who I say I am..... JUST someone help me soon.....

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar
    so let me get this straight, u need to know how to get into a file that u locked yourself out of but, u know the user name and password. well what OS r u running?
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

Hmmmmm,

It would help if we knew what sort of file it was, and what application you use to open it.

Is it just this file that you cannot get into, or are you being locked out at the logon stage? Do you get any sort of message?

Cheers

Hi
    sounds like a corrupt user file!
    Have you tried to log in as another user or get some one else to log in and see if that works.
    If the other person can log in then your user profile is corrupt. you can create another user profile and then assign your files to that user.
    This advice i got from a friend who uses the ACT contacts database ver 6.
    Better yet go to the person in your company that gave you the program to work with and ask for help.
    Regards
    Mike
    Never miss a good opportunity to shut up.....

Thanks titanmike,

You answered my question.............I seem to recall that it comes from the same stable as the Sage accounting software? Yes, I think you could be right with the corrupt user/file theory.

What version of the software is it, 1tmonly?

If I remember rightly it is a bit like Corel Draw............there are a variety of strengths & flavours at different prices.

Cheers