problem with win2000 registry

Thread: problem with win2000 registry

Did someone said Pizza :) FanacooL's Avatar

Question problem with win2000 registry

Ok folks things were going fine from last 2 weeks but here's wht happen this time.
    I just install a new rather fresh copy of windows 2000 advanced server on one of the box. Now after 2 days i encounter a virus and torjan hoarse i think virus W32. something and trojan i think NIBU. anyways i did a complete scan and remove them safely. But now when i load my windows I receive a message its something like this that :
    Your windows registry maximum size is small ..... please refer to windows help....

Well i checked the help which is really no helpful to me .... but i think its relating with service pack as i have SP1 at the moment. But i have been installing it frm quite a long time never encountered any error. So your opinion will be helpful i think
    One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man!

Pure guess here

Try compacting the registry hive, then boot into safe mode and defragment.

And please go to the DiamondCS website, and get RegistryProt (it is free) and back up your Registry as well.

Given that at least 95% of malware tries to write to the registry, shouldn't you protect it?

I suspect that the malware has caused a fragmentation of the registry hive that windows cannot trace..............so now it thinks it is smaller?

Like I said, a pure guess

Did someone said Pizza :) FanacooL's Avatar
    Try compacting the registry hive
    How ?
    A malware well i scanned the system with Adware, n did found 3 things i mean problems have sorted them.
    Hey i remember as i said since i was first hit by the virus i booted the system in safe mode deleted the virus files and then scan with adware n then delete those 3 spy program n after rebooting i received this message. Is this related to my problem or wht?
    One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man!