Temporary internet files ?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Temporary internet files ?

Temporary internet files ?

Hello all!
    I know you will say that I'm very stupid, but it is absolutly not true . I have problems with temporary internet files. Win XP is just not saving them on my PC. why?? Does anyone know?
    I'm running on SP2, is it from it?
    All the settings are OK in IE: tools -> internet options -> temprary internet files -> settings -> automatically. That is fine, but it is not working.
    Also: "every visit to the page" has no effect.
    Does anyone have any idea? please help!
    Is it the firewall bloking the saving? I'm using Kerio Personal Firewall.
    Remember, all I\'m offering is the truth, nothing more.

********** |ceWriterguy
    try start-search-all files and folders - temporary. If you're using a browser other than msie they'll be saved in a folder other than the one you're accessing.

Yes, this means if you're running Aol, they'll be saved elsewhere.
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

Your firewall could be blocking them - ive not used Kerio before so dont know where the setting is to check this is.

Just have a look at all the options it gives you and see if you can see anything related to cookies.

Another thing you could check is: IE: tools -> Internet Options > privacy. See what setting you have it on, medium is normally good enough for a home computer.

Failing that, you could also check: IE: tools -> internet options -> temprary internet files -> settings -> and ensure you have enough hard drive space allocated for cookies.
    Drugs have taught an entire generation of kids the metric system.

http://tazforum.**********.com/

Before Kerio i was using the SP2 firewall.
    It had the same problem, no temprary files on my PC. The funny thing is that i have cookies ?
    My privbacy is on medium level.
    And i have more than 10GB free. The space is absolutly not the problem.

AntiOnline n00b
    Hi

Just a wild Guess though..................is the Option Empty temperary Internet Files Folder When The Brower is Closed Checked in the Internet Properties-> Advanced tab ?....................

--Good Luck--

No, it is not.

AntiOnline n00b
    Hi,

Ok so we are at war footing now...

Check if you are indeed looking at the right folder................Someone might have changed the Default Temp Internet Folder...........Internet Options-->general Tab --> Settings

You have more than 10 GB free but check how much is the maximum allowed to the Temperary Internet Folder ...............increase it if necessary ..........Internet Options-->general Tab --> Settings

Ok nothing works ..............Clear everythign Delete Files and Clear History............now open C:\WINDOWS\Temporary Internet Files ..................it should be empty now ...............open a browser and open any site ..................now check the Temporary Internet Folder few files should have emerged there....................Now close the browser ..................see if the files are still there ..............at least lets make sure when are they getting deleted.

--Good Luck--

The maximum alowed space is 1024MB. I have enough space.

OK. I'll do what you wrote, but must i delete all my cookies(I don't want to do that, but if it is necessary i'll do it)?

AntiOnline n00b
    Hi,

First let me get this right what exactly do you mean when you say Temporary internet files are not being stored on your PC....................if you can view the page correctly that means it is being downloaded somewhere .

What exactly you looking for the Browser History? some files you viewed before.? ...........Some page you viewed before?

I didn't get this question in the first place.........................how do you know they aren't ?............what exactly you looking at and where ?

No leave the cookies............... you don't have to delete them .....................it's just to make sure the files are getting stored there .................when you will open the page .................and view this folder the images on that page should be here in this temp folder................that would mean that files are being stored.

--Good Luck--

In EI -> Tools -> Internet Options -> there you have temporary internet files -> settings -> view files. I have only cookies stored on my PC. Normally you have cookies and the pages that you viewed before. In that folder are also the flash files and much more.
    You can view this pages when you do the folloing ->file -> work ofline .
    But in my case i can't see something because i don't have something stored on my PC.