aterm vs. xterm's stty?

Thread: aterm vs. xterm's stty?

aterm vs. xterm's stty?

Hey gang. I just rebuilt my linux box, and I have encountered an annoying little problem again that I encountered the last time I set my linux box up, but I forgot to write down the solution to. The problem is with aterm. I work with a lot of HP-UX boxes, so I need my backspace key to be "^H" and not "^?", but aterm is being stubborn about it. Xterm works exactly as I want it to from the default Fluxbox menu, but when I add Aterm, something's missing. The first thing I notice is this:

(Using Xterm)
    # stty
    speed 38400 baud; line = 0;
    erase = ^H;
    -brkint -imaxbel
    # echo $TERM
    xterm

(Using Aterm)
    # stty
    speed 38400 baud; line = 0;
    # echo $TERM
    xterm

It seems they're both using the "xterm" termcap entry, but Aterm is missing some values. I have Aterm setup in my Fluxbox menu to use the following command line when executing:

aterm -geometry 80x60 -tr +trsb -sh 60 +sb -sk -sl 1000 -title `hostname` -fg white -bg black -fn fixed -vb -tn xterm

The last part "-tn xterm" is supposed to grab the Xterm termcap entry from the /etc/termcap file, but this doesn't look like it's happening. Am I thinking of the wrong file, though? Are those values listed by `stty` being grabbed from somewhere else?

I've Google'd this problem, and have found many creative solutions, but from my recollection, this problem was fixed last time by a VERY simple solution (i.e. adding an aterm entry to the termcap file, or something like that). Has anyone here encountered this problem (I'm sure someone has), and have you found a much simpler solution than the alternatives out there?
    /* You are not expected to understand this. */

You might also have a look at /etc/inputrc.
    Get OpenSolaris http://www.opensolaris.org/

Thanks spurious_inode. I'll take a look at that.
    /* You are not expected to understand this. */