SuSE Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SuSE Guide

SuSE Guide

I can only find this: http://elibrary.fultus.com/technical...9_1/index.html

any printable version or download version for offline viewing?

If you have Money V78.99 you use that and open box 9.2 and pull them out. You can read those offline.

You've said nothing about if you paid for it or not. If you did, you already have them, if you didn't, you're sure as hell not getting help from me for being a theiving bastard.

Originally posted here by gore
    If you have Money V78.99 you use that and open box 9.2 and pull them out. You can read those offline.

You've said nothing about if you paid for it or not. If you did, you already have them, if you didn't, you're sure as hell not getting help from me for being a theiving bastard.
    Hey, i just install suse. Just that i can't go to the internet. So i manage to found some guide on the internet about suse linux. Looking at gentoo there's a guide for me to download for offline viewing. Theres no need for such a crude sentence from ya huh

SUSE has the same.... If you have a printer which is what it seems you'd like too use, just go to http://www.suse.com and get the stuff fromt here, OR even the Novell Linux Resource Kit, which has about 300 PDF files you can read about SUSE, or if you have it installed like you say, just click on the SUSE Help Icon in KDE if you're using that, and then click on Print.

The guides that come with SUSE are in the OS as well. Just print them off. Why not use the books that came with it when you bought it?

SUSE has the same.... If you have a printer which is what it seems you'd like too use, just go to http://www.suse.com and get the stuff fromt here, OR even the Novell Linux Resource Kit, which has about 300 PDF files you can read about SUSE, or if you have it installed like you say, just click on the SUSE Help Icon in KDE if you're using that, and then click on Print.

The guides that come with SUSE are in the OS as well. Just print them off. Why not use the books that came with it when you bought it?
    I will try reading it.

well, i am still getting bad username and password.

Hmm... I tried to create a connection to the internet but it kept saying PAP authentication failed. What's the main problem behind it?

Originally posted here by Death_Knight
    Hmm... I tried to create a connection to the internet but it kept saying PAP authentication failed. What's the main problem behind it?
    Are you using dial up or broadband?
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

Originally posted here by CXGJarrod
    Are you using dial up or broadband?
    broadband. Well, i detected my onboard nvidia lan as nvidia ethernet controller. an unknown dsl pppoe device. what i did was, create an internet connection with my userid@isp and password. When i try to type the @ char it appears as ". I do not know the reason behind this.. sorry i linux newbie here.

PAP authentication fail, bad account name or password.

If you have Cable or a LAN, you don't touch anything. SUSE upon installation sees the NIC and too Linux, a Cable / LAN connection is an Eth0 so you don't have too touch anything. You just install, and when you're all done booting up the first time, click on a Browser, and you should be online already. It defaults this way so you're pretty much making it hardert han you need to.

I use Cable, and then when I'm done installing, I simply open a browser and surf the Web while I'm installing updates.

If you have Cable or a LAN, you don't touch anything. SUSE upon installation sees the NIC and too Linux, a Cable / LAN connection is an Eth0 so you don't have too touch anything. You just install, and when you're all done booting up the first time, click on a Browser, and you should be online already. It defaults this way so you're pretty much making it hardert han you need to.

I use Cable, and then when I'm done installing, I simply open a browser and surf the Web while I'm installing updates.
    well, forget to mention that i am using an adsl connection