Thread: need some understanding

need some understanding

i would like to know what kind of hacking is allowed to be showin in this site and what kind of hacking is not allowed for this site.

I think the best way to put it is simple -- blackhat and whitehat. Hacking for malicious purposes/of that nature is NOT allowed but hacking to further learn and/or secure your own systems, network, etc is allowed. Hope that about sums it up for ya
    Space For Rent.. =]

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar
    "hacking" isnt allowed read the FAQ.
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

This all depends on your use of the word "hack". for most of us, to hack is to work your way through a problem, or in some cases around a problem. Its learning everything you can about something then using the knowledge you posses to beat it. If you mean "hack" as in break into a computer and deface a webpage, or steal files, then No one will. the most you will get out of a request like that is, "learn for your self...just like the rest of us". this is a security webpage. We are here to prevent people from breaking into things for the wrong reasons, and becasue of that alot of the members hav the knowledge to break in them selves. As far as honest questions about how to do something, assuming you have good reason, many will be here to offer you a helping hand, but for good reason many of us are skeptical and not easily fooled. So do not come on the boards and ask "how do I hack hotmail" or "how can I get around my schools web filters", you will quickly get negged and banned. Read the FAQs they are very helpful. and if you have a question, with a legitimet reason for asking chances are you will get an answer, if the responder is willing to help the answer will be good, if not it will probably be negs.
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

"hacking" isnt allowed read the FAQ.
    This all depends on your use of the word "hack". for most of us, to hack is to work your way through a problem, or in some cases around a problem. Its learning everything you can about something then using the knowledge you posses to beat it. If you mean "hack" as in break into a computer and deface a webpage, or steal files, then No one will. the most you will get out of a request like that is, "learn for your self...just like the rest of us". this is a security webpage. We are here to prevent people from breaking into things for the wrong reasons, and becasue of that alot of the members hav the knowledge to break in them selves. As far as honest questions about how to do something, assuming you have good reason, many will be here to offer you a helping hand, but for good reason many of us are skeptical and not easily fooled. So do not come on the boards and ask "how do I hack hotmail" or "how can I get around my schools web filters", you will quickly get negged and banned. Read the FAQs they are very helpful. and if you have a question, with a legitimet reason for asking chances are you will get an answer, if the responder is willing to help the answer will be good, if not it will probably be negs.
    No offense to the respected poster's of the above, but don't you think what I said pretty much sums it up. No offense, just pointing it out.
    Space For Rent.. =]

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar
    spyder u did go into a little more detail than i did lol. im sorry if i came across as rude, i didnt mean too and maybe i took his post in the wrong way. my bad. well anyway i guess yall have answered his question huh?
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

Heh, it wasn't that you were rude or anything (although I dunno fully how he took it) but you need to kinda provide a basis and whatnot for what your saying. The FAQ doesn't say anything about hacking period being not allowed here, thus I was explaining to him what was and wasn't allowed.
    Space For Rent.. =]