Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Hack This Computer And Shoot Someone Dead

Originally posted here by gore
    I bet the first person to try and kill someone with it will be some anti-gun idiot who is trying too show what someone else could do Or some anti gun person saying "See I told you it would happen".
    Now, I see the true Libertarian coming out.Step 4. Protect the Right to Self-Defense

The right to bear arms is one of the reasons we never were invaded during the cold war. If a nation tries to invade good luck, with these sniper rifles (aKa deer rifles) held by a great majority of Americans.

Though, I don't approve, I think by TX, law this has to be safe. Personally, I think it's a joke, not to mention it lacks respect to firearms period, which I'm a firm believer in.

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    A classic example of overkill in a single rifle.
    Poppycock Sir, utter poppycock......

I had a friend in the Falklands who was working shall we say "forward" who decided that an AR-15, (IIRC, one of the M16 types), would be handy because of it's lightness. After coming upon a unit of Argentinian SF ahd being compromised as they moved in to attack, (it was bad kuck, one of them was going for a pee), he was charged by an Argie with an FN. He described the incident somewhat as follows:-

This big bastard comes over the wall at full tilt firing at me as he ran. I dropped to a knee and hit him dead center of the chest at 15 yards, he kept coming and firing... I hit the ****er twice more dead center and he was still coming.... I dunno how he was missing but he was and he was real close so I stood up pushed my gat at his face and started pulling the trigger... he went down right at my feet. I looked around, picked up his FN, grabbed his ammo, ditched the piece of crap I had and moved on.......

I've seen a man hit in the chest with the SLR at close range. The hole in his back takes a rolled up combat jacket to fill..... My mates first shot would have gutted the argie had he been using an SLR.

I'll take 7.62 over 5.56 any day.... and as for through 2 poeple, a car a house etc.... an SLR round, like all rounds, shatters upon direct impact with solid objects or is diverted off course and loses energy rapidly afterwards if it glances off a solid object. The SLR will remain intact through a car windshield sufficiently to do it's job. It will do the same through a car door as long as it doesn't hit any of the mechanism. It will punch through hollow 9" concrete construction blocks but you really need to be leaning against then on the other side to me severely wounded by the resulting damaged round. Yes, a 7.62 goes a long way and it maintains a high level of energy for a considerable portion of that distance, but don't ever be fooled into thinking that it's more powerful or dangerous than simple physics dictates.....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

AR-15 is a "cute" gun.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

Originally posted here by Tiger Shark

I've seen a man hit in the chest with the SLR at close range. The hole in his back takes a rolled up combat jacket to fill..... My mates first shot would have gutted the argie had he been using an SLR.

I'll take 7.62 over 5.56 any day.... and as for through 2 poeple, a car a house etc.... an SLR round, like all rounds, shatters upon direct impact with solid objects or is diverted off course and loses energy rapidly afterwards if it glances off a solid object. The SLR will remain intact through a car windshield sufficiently to do it's job. It will do the same through a car door as long as it doesn't hit any of the mechanism. It will punch through hollow 9" concrete construction blocks but you really need to be leaning against then on the other side to me severely wounded by the resulting damaged round. Yes, a 7.62 goes a long way and it maintains a high level of energy for a considerable portion of that distance, but don't ever be fooled into thinking that it's more powerful or dangerous than simple physics dictates.....
    "I'll take 7.62 over 5.56 any day.... " Yeah, TShark, you're not the only one with that opinion, SOCOM Speaks I just received this email from military.com the other day about the new alternative to the (saw) Squad Automatic Weapon and its trials.

Hi mom!
    All the "you're all morons, I'm never posting here again" bullshit aside: Congressman Tom Davis dropped a bill that makes internet hunting punishable by up to five years in prison. (source: internetnews.com).

There's no mention of the security aspect of hunting over the internet. Instead, the argument is given that internet hunting is not a sport:

Davis again insisted Internet-assisted hunting is not a sport.

"As a number of hunting and gun-owner groups have pointed out, 'fair chase' is a basic element of hunting. You have to be there, in the field, not sitting behind a computer screen," he said.
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.

Another useless law to appease the masses.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

I just heard on NPR the other day that they just did the first hunt. The guy (who was paralyzed from the neck down) had a good time but was not able to kill anything...
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

Originally posted here by mathgirl32
    ....and they say there isn't anything we can do about securing the border down south.
    The only good post in this whole thread.