Thread: BSAFE Home

BSAFE Home

i work for a local computer shop and a customer has a program called BSAFE Home, it looks like a firewall filtering program, his computer is filled with spyware and he would like BSAFE to be removed so we can put norton on, but he doesnt know the password for it because it asks you for "A password you provided us at installation" i had to start the computer in safe mode to get to add/remove programs to remove it but halfway through it asks for the password. any ideas? os is windows xp home, ive tried to solve it myself to see if there is something on the net for it but googling it brings it to some RSA BSAFE toolkits which is not what it is. please let me know as soon as possible. thanks everybody for input

It is this:

http://asontv.4t.com/bsafeonline.html

and this:

http://www.bsafehome.com/?122250

It is an online content filter meant to prevent kiddies from browsing pr0n sites. he must have signed up for it, so he should have customer, account and payment details.

There is contact information on the links I have provided. I presume that they have some sort of password recovery facility.

On the other hand, you could get the 10 day trial then kill it, that may force an uninstal. Otherwise load norton.............norton is pretty good at killing rival products on installation

I would not regard it as a good protection against Adware/Spyware per se, only by blocking it from sites where you might expect to pick it up from. SpyBot Search & Destroy, AdAware SE and SwatIT are much better tools for that sort of thing.

This is the official answer:

:

Uninstall:

1. Go to the CONTROL PANEL, and select ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS.
    2. Look for one of the following entries (based on the version you have), and click CHANGE/REMOVE:
    * BSAFE SECURITY SERVICES
    * BSECURE INTERNET PROTECTION SERVICES
    * SIMPLE SECURITY SERVICES
    3. Click YES at the warning prompt.
    4. If you are connected to the Internet, you will be prompted for the password you used to set up the account. Please note, this is not a password override feature--this is a one-time action to remove the filter permanantly from your computer. You will need to sign up for a new account or call Technical Support to reactivate a previously deactivated account.
    5. If you are not connected to the Internet, you will be provided an ID NUMBER. You'll have the option to reconnect to the Internet, or call Technical Support for an unlock key based on that ID NUMBER.
    * Each ID number/uninstall key pair is unique. If you write down the ID number, then close the prompt window, the uninstall key you obtain from that number will not work with a new uninstall.