Thread: powermac g3

powermac g3

I'm looking at getting a powermac g3. I don't know anything about them and want to know what to look at when I go to look at it... what to expect to pay and what to ask.. any help would be appreciated.
    Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn\'t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteres are at the rghit pclae.The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    First question I'd have is why? What do you want to use it for?

G3s are ok but they are rather old. Apple History list historical specs for all Macintosh/Apple systems and you can search based on processor if you wish.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

its like this... I've found one in the paper for bout a hundred bucks... guy got it from a surplus auction from a school... theres some updates and according to my searches, it can be updated a lil more... say it's a 233 mHz... is it possible to compare that to a pc for performance... I'm more or less a tinkerer and thats the main platform I haven't played with not counting sun... I like playing with old equipment.. nostalgic I guess... from the days of atari and all that
    Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn\'t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteres are at the rghit pclae.The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.