Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: D-LINK AP problem

D-LINK AP problem

hello there
    i am working in wireless ISP and i am using D-LINK DWL 2000 AP or AP+ as AP client in the user tower
    i used to use 900 or 1000 and its working good but with the 2000 its works good but suddenly its stops connecting to the tower,i search the D-LINk website and i find that the DWL 2000 AP dont work as AP client if our access point is not DWL 2000 AP...
    PLZ i need to know if that is right and if the DWL 2100 AP+ have the same problem and if it right i need the URL plz cause here its not working
    http://www.support.dlink.com/Product...tid=DWL-2000AP
    thx
    Remembered that if you are intending that hurts, steals, hates other people it is natural that they will meet you by the proverb.......
    wimmaster
    baghdad

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Link Broken
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

thx Tiger Shark for replay
    that link should have the info i was talking about but after 2 days its was changed and it became broken if u know the right link PLZ post it
    thx
    Remembered that if you are intending that hurts, steals, hates other people it is natural that they will meet you by the proverb.......
    wimmaster
    baghdad

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

I am currently using a D-Link 2000AP as a client connected to an SMC Access Point - that part about both ends needing to be D-Link sounds like a sales pitch to me.

I have noticed that its not 100% reliable and when I lose the connection the D-Link requires to be turned off for a short time and then turned back on ... then all is well again.

I find I lose connectivity when I make a minor setting change on the AP or when the AP has been turned off for a lengthy period, but a power cycle on the D-Link fixes things.

It is not as reliable as the SMC or the D-Link 900's I once had.

broad generalization alert!:

i am not very happy with dlink wireless products. i have used a variety - i have seen different models do different unexpected things. i many cases i just disabled the fancy features because i couldn't bother with the headache of having the services not perform consistently.
    More cowbell! We need more cowbell!
    http://www.geocities.com/secure_lockdown/
    - - -
    \"Is the firewall there to protect you from the outside world or is it there to protect the outside world from *YOU*?\"

thx all
    thats right Phat_Penguin that is what is really going on plz if u know that DWL 2000 AP+ have the same problem let me know ...
    thx
    wimmaster
    baghdad

Re: D-LINK AP problem

Originally posted here by wimmaster
    hello there
    i am working in wireless ISP and i am using D-LINK DWL 2000 AP or AP+ as AP client in the user tower
    i used to use 900 or 1000 and its working good but with the 2000 its works good but suddenly its stops connecting to the tower,i search the D-LINk website and i find that the DWL 2000 AP dont work as AP client if our access point is not DWL 2000 AP...
    The sudden loss of access intrigues me. Out of curiosity, are you broadcasting SSIDs? IIRC there are issues with Windows keeping a wireless network connection alive under certain conditions.
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult
    Is your whole family retarded, or did they just catch it from you?

Re: Re: D-LINK AP problem

Originally posted here by chsh
    The sudden loss of access intrigues me. Out of curiosity, are you broadcasting SSIDs? IIRC there are issues with Windows keeping a wireless network connection alive under certain conditions.
    I have a D-Link DI-514 b wireless router and if I disable my SSID then after a reboot on one laptop with a Belkin card, it will not connect untill I either inable the SSID or reboot the router. The other laptop with a Netgear USB antenna does not have this problem.

I had thougt this was an issue with the Belkin, but am now wondering if it is not the D-Link.

I just leave the SSID broadcast enabled, at present. (although I do use WEP and MAC filtering)
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

wimmaster

Sorry, I have no experience with 2000AP+ models so I can't answer that question.