Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for virus collection

Looking for virus collection

Hi,

I'm looking for a site or a resource somewhere I can find that contains an archive of viruses doing the rounds. I can find plenty of descriptions about them from a/v vendors but I'm looking for the binaries and/or code as part of some honeynet research I'm doing.

Same goes for spyware etc ...

If anyone can help me out, or indeed if you have you own little collection I'd love to hear from you.

Cheers.

Unsecure places that not recommed to visit, can contain viruses.
    Just surf the web and scan you temp folders or download small size files and test them with AVs.

So you can made you own collection of viruses.
    Be carefull, you computer may not survive hehe ouch....
    // too far away outside of limit

Originally posted here by MrBabis
    Unsecure places that not recommed to visit, can contain viruses.
    Just surf the web and scan you temp folders or download small size files and test them with AVs.

So you can made you own collection of viruses.
    Be carefull, you computer may not survive hehe ouch....
    LOL! he is asking for virus collection. so there is no question of scanning them. if he gonna do that he will loose all of them

Try http://www.astalavista.com
    Half The Time I Don\'t Know What I\'m Talkin\' About, And Even Worse, I Don\'t Know Which Half

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    if he gonna do that he will loose all of them
    Er... There are several ways he can configure his AV to ignore them..... You might want to look into all the settings on your AV system..... It might surprise you.....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Originally posted here by Tiger Shark
    Er... There are several ways he can configure his AV to ignore them..... You might want to look into all the settings on your AV system..... It might surprise you.....
    Hey thanks. I did'nt know that. Actually i don't use AV at all
    Half The Time I Don\'t Know What I\'m Talkin\' About, And Even Worse, I Don\'t Know Which Half

Hey thanks. I did'nt know that. Actually i don't use AV at all
    Nice to see someone get up off their rear and write their own OS from scratch..... I applaud you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    There are *many* sites that host binaries. This is actually a good question because I know that there are other RE junkies here on AO like myself.

This one is my favorite:
    http://vx.netlux.org/

Note that if you are a dummy, you will become infected when messing with these samples. They are the real McCoy so to say.

--TH13
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

www.astalavista.com

Check out the archives. Make sure you have any realtime AV scanning turned off or it will clean the files you DL. Be aware, that in the US, you can not even have the src or binary in your posession, regardless of the reasons.

A_T
    Geek isn't just a four-letter word; it's a six-figure income.

Be aware, that in the US, you can not even have the src or binary in your posession, regardless of the reasons.
    Where is that stated..... Did I miss something??????

Yes Tiger~ I saw that as well

If it were true there would be no US AV companies? and a lot of security researchers would be out of a job.

If there is legislation in that area, it must have some kind of "malicious intent", distribution/deployment, clause/rider in it?

It is certainly not illegal over here...................hell it would criminalise anyone who got themselves infected

Now there's a thought..............................