Thread: PC-alarm clock

PC-alarm clock

I have on my PC a program called Alarm clock.
    You just type the time when you want that the PC play a sound and it does it. That program have also the possibility to turn off the PC(but that option was not working)
    Does anyone know such program and can tell me from where i can download it?
    Remember, all I\'m offering is the truth, nothing more.

If its on your computer...load the program up, get the name, and then goto google.com, search for it. And I'm sure within the first 5 sites you check, there will be a link for download.
    It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious. - Murphy

Hi,

Do a search for PIMs............."Personal Information Managers" or "Personal Information Management Systems", then search within results for "freeware"................you should find several.

They usually have a calendar, diary and clock with an alarm/notification facility.

Take a look at your Office application, it may well already have it?

Otherwise you should look at scheduler packages. You can use those to turn off the PC at a particular time.

Cheers

Thank you for the fast answers!
    LOL, you are all right, of course. I was asking because i want to know if anyone here had an expirience with such a software and can recoment it to me

You may want to look at a freeware product call Poweroff.

Poweroff is a small program for Win95/98/NT/W2K/XP to schedule a shutdown/reboot/logoff/poweroff/Standby/Hibernate/Lock/Wake-On-LAN at a certain time. I also support command line options that allows poweroff to be used in batch scripts. It has a built-in scheduler, it allows you to run a program before doing the action, you can give a warning message to the user, wait for a process to finish before doing the action and full remote control is supported.
    Download

Cheers:
    DjM

Thank you DJM! That was exactly what i was looking for .