Thread: about:blank

Unhappy about:blank

good afternoon to all,
    i am knew this website. i am having problems with the "about:blank" or the "CoolWWWSearch". it is driving me nuts. i have ran AD-AWARE and SPYBOT and they cannot seem to get rid of this. any helpful suggestions would be appreciated,,thank you

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4113.html

just do a google search if you have a problem like that. Google is God's gift to the internet :-) that link above was from google and might be able to help you get rid of it. Ive never had that problem, so let us know if it works for you.

-z3

Actually if you read the post in my signature that will get you moving on it but the key program you might want to use is a program called about:buster. This will kill any about:blank crap you might have but give my other post a read t hrough
    Duct tape.....A whole lot of Duct Tape
    Spyware/Adaware problem click
    here

AO's MMA Fanatic! Computernerd22's Avatar
    i am knew this website. i am having problems with the "about :blank" or the "CoolWWWSearch". it is driving me nuts. i have ran AD-AWARE and SPYBOT and they cannot seem to get rid of this. any helpful suggestions would be appreciated,,thank you
    If you have promblems with pop up ads and self installing toolbars simple fix is;

Open internet explorer. Click on tools, go to internet options, click on delete files, then click OK. Make sure to leave the box unchecked when asked to 'delete all offline content'.

Next click on delete cookies button, then hit yes when prompted. Next click on the tab at the top that says advanced and look below for browsing now remove the check from "Enable third party browser Extensions", when done click apply then OK. Next reboot PC. This fix works only for Internet Explorer 6. You could always use system restore point which will allow you to restore your computer back to a time before you got infected. Either way works. Hope this helps. Computernerd22

I recently had this nasty little PITA as well and the about:buster did a great job.

Initially I tried running Spybot to remove it but it seemed to tick off the variation I had. I have sent the logs of information to Spybot and hopefully it will be part of the next update.
    Wise men talk because they have something to say;
    fools, because they have to say something.
    Plato