Thread: hotmail issues

hotmail issues

greetings all,
    i am having issues w/ my hotmail. this seems to be a new problem among some others i know as well. i can get to where it asks for my e'mail address and password but it will not open my mail up. i have heard of others also having the same issue with their yahoo mail but i have not as yet had that to deal with. please help,,thanks

heres something you might want to check. If youre running windows, open a browser, click tools at the top....internet options...click the privacy tab...click edit at the bottom...then add in hotmails url and add it to the "allow" list...Ive had that problem with a number of sites before, including hotmail, and that was all i needed to use to get it to work. Hope this helps :-)

-z3

Are you trying to access it through your browser, that is, read it as webmail, or are you using some other application to try to view it?

For example, MS have switched off support for reading Hotmail using Outlook or Outlook Express. I suspect that other applications may fall foul of this, but may not get the standard error message? (some accounts will work up until next April but others and new ones don't)

Have you tried to open your mail from another computer? What I am wondering is it a problem with your hotmail account, or with that particular machine.

Cheers

hotmail issues

yes i can check my hotmail from other computers so i know that the issue is just w/ this one computer. i don't know how the problem started, it just one day started. from what i can tell hotmail has made some updates.

I had the same problem yesterday. Hotmail wouldn't open on one pc, but it did on the other. I could enter my e-mail adress and password, but at the next page all I got was a blank screen with "done".
    I didn't have the time to look into it yet, tho. I suspect it's related to some security settings in the browser or maybe a popup blocker or something similar.

did u update ur anti-virus guys?

yes

yes,,i just last week intalled a new virus protection program. i have heard of others having issues not w/ just hotmail but also with yahoo as well. could this be in anyway related to the "about:blank" situation i just currently encountered?

well, my advice

switch to GMAIL

if u want i can send u an invitation
    djust tell me the address
    of course u heard of Gmail, 1000mb, much better organized
    and no problems so far

still issues

guys still having a problem with entering my e'mail accts. all the advice hasn't helped yet. please help,,thankx

Hey Hey,

This is a huge problem we're having at work right now... I'd say about 30-40% of our end users have had this problem... It affects any website that uses SSL... which means it affects hotmail... but also affects our elearning portal (== huge headache for us)..

Like someone said add it to your privacy allowed sites... We also tell people to empty their cookies and temporary internet files and to tell IE to obtain a new copy of the page on every visit (basically don't cache).. Usually we reset web settings (programs tab) and restore defaults (advanced tab) just to be sure... but the latest fix we've found is this

Code:
    regsvr32 softpub.dll
    regsvr32 wintrust.dll
    regsvr32 initpki.dll
    regsvr32 dssenh.dll
    regsvr32 rsaenh.dll
    regsvr32 gpkcsp.dll
    regsvr32 sccbase.dll
    regsvr32 slbcsp.dll
    regsvr32 cryptdlg.dll
    It works quite well and should clear up your problems.

Peace
    HT