Thread: Syslog Programs

AO French Antique News Whore

Syslog Programs

I'm looking to install a SysLog Server for my Windows Domain. What software do you recommend? I would like to monitor Windows 2003/2003 Event, Sonicwall Firewall and maybe my 3COM Switch.

Thank.
    -Simon \"SDK\"

I'm currently using the kiwi syslog daemon.

It works very well. I'm logging a 2k server, and a two cisco routers.
    I have my *nix boxes logging to another syslogd server running *nix of course.

I could just have easily logged them all to one machine, but some machines are on more often than others.

http://www.kiwisyslog.com/ (freeware)

or you can use syslogd for linux (open source... free)
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

I saw Kiwi on Google also. (First Result) I will probably try now since you recommend it!

Thank for the answer.
    -Simon \"SDK\"

the licensed version is better... but the freeware version works too.
    you just get a few VERY useful features with the licensed version...
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

I manage to log my firewall but now, I'm trying to manage my Windows Server. I find no information in the Help of Kiwi Program. Can you anyone give me a hint? Thank.
    -Simon \"SDK\"