Thread: Visa Scam

Regal Making Handler

Visa Scam

Credit card fraudsters are trying to fleece UK punters by tricking them into revealing card security information over the phone. The fraudsters, posing as representatives of Visa, are already is possession of card numbers and are after the CVV numbers (commonly printed on the signature panel on the back of the card) often needed to make purchases online.
    The full article is here: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/11/22/visa_scam/

You would have to beat my pin number out of me with a rubber trunchion but i have had to give the cvv number out over the phone befor, during a purchase . This scam could well fool a few people.
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    You visited The Register?????

Hope you weren't using IE.... ROFLMAO.....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Regal Making Handler
    You visited The Register?????

Hope you weren't using IE.... ROFLMAO
    Yep, i am ROFLMAO also...........................I saw the article that phish linked to on the Reg. some time befor he posted. Been to busy running AV scans to post till now But all is well.
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry