Thread: Warning! Worm.Win32.Sober.I!

Warning! Worm.Win32.Sober.I!

I got this in an email from a-squared today:
    Warning! Worm.Win32.Sober.I!

The latest version of the Sober worm is spreading fast. As with it's predecessors, Sober.I spreads by email attachments. The email text suggests that it is an error message from the mailserver and the undelivery report is attached.

Current email clients like Outlook or Outlook Express are able to block harmful file extensions like EXE, COM or SCR, but Sober.I sometimes comes packed in a ZIP file to bypass outlook security. The ZIP file itself is not harmful, but the content inside (an executable file with variable file name) contains the worm and must not be opened!

A more detailed description of the worm can be found at the a² Malware Database:
    http://www.emsisoft.com/en/malware/?Worm.Win32.Sober.I

Sober.I can be detected and removed with a² Free and a² Personal with the latest signature updates. The latest versiona² Personal background guard will block the worm if it is started. Please run the a² Online-Update immediately and ensure that the new automatic update feature in a² Personal is enabled.v
    FYI
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

Hi Mox~

As a preventative measure try Mobius Outlook Security (from Mobiusware) and Scrip Trap.

Couple of little utes that check for executables running from where they should not.

Either you see the script in notepad or you are forced to download and run the malware manually

They are freebies, use little systems overhead and have saved a few a$$es I can think of

Cheers

AntiOnline n00b
    Hi,

I was here first

.Actually the very Morning this started Moxy .............. within a few of hours of it starting...

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...561#post806561

And i got some Extended Handle bars for My motorcycle as you suggested

--Good Luck--

Proof that SxE is a virus The Sober Worm